Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #41
Anthony179
A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher_Cowboy View Post
Mexican officials stole money from you? Sad, but not surprised. Whoever said the same things happen in the states that happen in Mex, is dead wrong. When's the last time a park ranger stole money out of your car? Commonplace in Mex, there's two incidents in this thread alone.
I'm the one that said that. Shit happens anywhere you go. I don't know if you ever heard about the family that made a wrong turn in the city of Highland Park. This family was driving at night and made one wrong turn and the whole family got shot. Can't remember how many people died. Murders and roberries happen everywhere. The police out here are also crooks. Listen to the song " Fuck The Police" by N.W.A. You'll listen to what happens to certain people that don't live in a high class area.

This thread was about what happen to one person who traveled to Baja California to let people know that travel down south to be carefull. Not for you guys to start talking bad about every Mexican that live out their.

I went to San Quintin on August 18-21. We had to stop at a check point and was asked were we where headed to, what's in the back of the truck. Looked in the back and told us good luck and enjoy. We didn't have any problems this time. But we also know the risks of traveling to Mexico. But you can't let that keep you from having fun.
Anthony179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #42
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony179 View Post
I'm the one that said that. Shit happens anywhere you go. I don't know if you ever heard about the family that made a wrong turn in the city of Highland Park. This family was driving at night and made one wrong turn and the whole family got shot. Can't remember how many people died. Murders and roberries happen everywhere. The police out here are also crooks. Listen to the song " Fuck The Police" by N.W.A. You'll listen to what happens to certain people that don't live in a high class area.

This thread was about what happen to one person who traveled to Baja California to let people know that travel down south to be carefull. Not for you guys to start talking bad about every Mexican that live out their.

I went to San Quintin on August 18-21. We had to stop at a check point and was asked were we where headed to, what's in the back of the truck. Looked in the back and told us good luck and enjoy. We didn't have any problems this time. But we also know the risks of traveling to Mexico. But you can't let that keep you from having fun.
I have to agree with this post. What happened to my family was a pain, and it sucked, but it won't stop us from going down to San Felipe. I just know better what to do, and I know what my rights are per the Tourism Board that we called. Understanding that will help us a lot. I now will only open 1 door at a time, I will stay with the guy checking the car, and I will learn the language. We have a lot of friends down there that are willing to assist us if needs be, and I will call on them if needs be from now on.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:45 PM   #43
Aaron

I don't give a shit either way, but you cited "Fuck the Police" by N.W.A. to prove your point which is quite simply fucking epic. Pretty sure at least a few of them weren't always straight gangsta though...

Look at Dre...bhahahahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony179 View Post

Last edited by Aaron; 08-24-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #44
Anthony179
A.T.

Dre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I don't give a shit either way, but you cited "Fuck the Police" by N.W.A. to prove your point which is quite simply fucking epic. Pretty sure at least a few of them weren't always straight gangsta though...

Look at Dre...bhahahahaha!
That is a funny picture.
Anthony179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #45
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGIE View Post
I have a better one, dont come, if your going to be all freaki and scared you ar not going to enjoy your self, i really dont agree with the chek points but sadly we came to this point, the military is not prepared to deal with cibillian matters , i really dont know aboutt anny park ranger stole monney from anny one, butt the hole world has seen your soldiers rape and kill inocent women and children, and laugh on ther faces and film them an them post them on you tube , i guess thats a normal behabior for you and your fammily, and you dont see nothing rong wiht it,this is a more complex problem i might belong to a corrupt third world country as you say but to have a corrupt you have a gay giving the brive, we dont have enuff money to brive cos we are so poor an third world an that shit... so if you dont like it here dont come and is not baja is Baja California.
You just came on here and trashed American Servicemen?
Bad Taste Senior... Polk shoulda taken Baja while he was at it.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #46
Jimmyz123

I think one thing can be said and that is you don't trash the American Servicemen. They are laying their lives on the line for all of us even those on the other side of the border. Our servicemen deserve respect. Yes there have been some bad apples here and there, but that does not make the entire group bad.

Point to the topic again is be safe while traveling South of the Border.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #47
jorluivil

Attached Images
File Type: jpg r.jpg (3.1 KB, 223 views)
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #48
WahooUSMA

This thread originally started off as a very informative, then went sideways for a moment, but has since circled back on track. I used to manage the logistic operations for El Dorado Ranch in San Felipe and made the trek weekly from our offices in Costa Mesa & Calexico to San Felipe, so I know the roads, check points, speed traps, police, etc. very well. In fact, our business partner in Mexico– La Ventana, owns the police station as well as the Red Lobster in San Felipe. Overall, this thread has provided some great tips and advice. Best so far has been by The Darkhorse, Scallywag, and Wavster – sum it up “fly below the radar and keep a low profile”. That said, I definitely think you need to have situational awareness when traveling anywhere in BC.

I once had an employee who forgot to declare a $1200 main valve (my bad) for the golf course when he crossed and ended up spending the weekend in jail. The Mx. authorities fined our company 15k, had to have our Mexican attorney represent us, which cost us an arm and leg, and in the end, they took his new truck. The alternative to paying them off was that they would shut our operation down while they conducted an importation/customs audit. And as a kicker, I shit you not; we would later see the police driving his truck around Mexicali – so brazen! Hence, I then started driving our company's mechanically sound, but cosmetically destroyed piece of shit Dodge truck when crossing for fear of getting jacked for my personal truck, which I would leave in the states.

On another note, we went to San Quintin last November and crossed at the POE in TJ. Not that I ever felt unsafe, but I just won’t cross there again, for many reasons! Any further trips to BC, I’ll cross in Mexicali and take the longer way via hwy 2, or Hwy 3 and cross over. I don’t care if it adds time to the drive.

One thing I would mention – when filling up your truck or car, make certain the attendant resets the pump before he starts pumping. Big rip-off!

Overall, BC is a nice place with neat people, beautiful beaches, great fishing and so far, hasn’t been too affected by the cartel. Now mainland Mexico is another thing – that place is a goatfuck. Cartel are now using terrorist style tactics/weapons i.e., grenades and VBIED’s (veh borne IED).
http://newsblogged.com/video-puerto-...njured-youtube

Hey “Boogie”. F-You! I took your military comments personally!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #49
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
This thread originally started off as a very informative, then went sideways for a moment, but has since circled back on track. I used to manage the logistic operations for El Dorado Ranch in San Felipe and made the trek weekly from our offices in Costa Mesa & Calexico to San Felipe, so I know the roads, check points, speed traps, police, etc. very well. In fact, our business partner in Mexico– La Ventana, owns the police station as well as the Red Lobster in San Felipe. Overall, this thread has provided some great tips and advice. Best so far has been by The Darkhorse, Scallywag, and Wavster – sum it up “fly below the radar and keep a low profile”. That said, I definitely think you need to have situational awareness when traveling anywhere in BC.

I once had an employee who forgot to declare a $1200 main valve (my bad) for the golf course when he crossed and ended up spending the weekend in jail. The Mx. authorities fined our company 15k, had to have our Mexican attorney represent us, which cost us an arm and leg, and in the end, they took his new truck. The alternative to paying them off was that they would shut our operation down while they conducted an importation/customs audit. And as a kicker, I shit you not; we would later see the police driving his truck around Mexicali – so brazen! Hence, I then started driving our company's mechanically sound, but cosmetically destroyed piece of shit Dodge truck when crossing for fear of getting jacked for my personal truck, which I would leave in the states.

On another note, we went to San Quintin last November and crossed at the POE in TJ. Not that I ever felt unsafe, but I just won’t cross there again, for many reasons! Any further trips to BC, I’ll cross in Mexicali and take the longer way via hwy 2, or Hwy 3 and cross over. I don’t care if it adds time to the drive.

One thing I would mention – when filling up your truck or car, make certain the attendant resets the pump before he starts pumping. Big rip-off!

Overall, BC is a nice place with neat people, beautiful beaches, great fishing and so far, hasn’t been too affected by the cartel. Now mainland Mexico is another thing – that place is a goatfuck. Cartel are now using terrorist style tactics/weapons i.e., grenades and VBIED’s (veh borne IED).
http://newsblogged.com/video-puerto-...njured-youtube

Hey “Boogie”. F-You! I took your military comments personally!

Enough with the mexican guard bashing! The mex military is the best there is!! Here is an example and bottom line.

developed guard vs mexican guard LOL!!!

play video.

mr moderator, please kill this thread now!

Last edited by driftwood; 08-27-2010 at 05:49 AM.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #50
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
Enough with the mexican guard bashing! The mex military is the best there is!! Here is an example and bottom line.

developed guard vs mexican guard

mr moderator, please kill this thread now!

This thread went down the drain when it turned into a political thread.
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #51
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
This thread went down the drain when it turned into a political thread.
x2
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #52
eddier68

Baja 3/5/ 11. Zero problems!!! Thanks Juan!! ( Vito)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00860.jpg (60.4 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg pta cbrs.jpg (65.5 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg pt%20cabrass%20033.jpg (100.7 KB, 134 views)
eddier68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #53
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddier68 View Post
Baja 3/5/ 11. Zero problems!!! Thanks Juan!! ( Vito)
It looks like you had a beer problem.... "light beer" on a Baja trip? Just kidding, glad you had no problems.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:45 AM   #54
Regor
Greg

Nice.... haven't been down south in quite a while.

But wait a minute... Yak, Ocean, and farm animals? Where's the fish?
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #55
JoeBeck

I have not been to Baja for awhile for my own reasons. That said I got a flat tire there and every car that went by me stopped to see if I needed help, and I honestly mean every car. I have broke down on the roads here in CA and not 1 car has ever stopped to see if I need help while sitting outside vehicle. I also broke a kayak rack there. I took it to a shop and they fixed it immediately and were overly helpful, here it would have taken hours if not days. Yes there is corruption there, there are crooks, but the majority of people living in Mexico are good caring people just living their lives
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #56
tptrench

Thumbs down

Screw Mexico, It just isn't worth it anymore! Ya couldn't pay me to cross the border! TP
tptrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #57
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBeck View Post
I have not been to Baja for awhile for my own reasons. That said I got a flat tire there and every car that went by me stopped to see if I needed help, and I honestly mean every car. I have broke down on the roads here in CA and not 1 car has ever stopped to see if I need help while sitting outside vehicle. I also broke a kayak rack there. I took it to a shop and they fixed it immediately and were overly helpful, here it would have taken hours if not days. Yes there is corruption there, there are crooks, but the majority of people living in Mexico are good caring people just living their lives
I have to agree with this post here. With the exception to this one issue in the last 10 years going down there this has been the only issue I can complain about. Since this incident happened the inspections at the location we were stopped at have changed drastically and the travel has been greatly improved. Our family will continue to travel down there, and for no other reason than once you get where you are going, it is peaceful and fun.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #58
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tptrench View Post
Screw Mexico, It just isn't worth it anymore! Ya couldn't pay me to cross the border! TP
awesome!! more fish and beer for me.

I love it down there.. would move in a heart beat if I could A) convince the wife and B) find work.

Im just shocked that the lack of knowledge produces so much fear.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #59
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack Studios View Post
awesome!! more fish and beer for me.

I love it down there.. would move in a heart beat if I could A) convince the wife and B) find work.

Im just shocked that the lack of knowledge produces so much fear.
Very true. I can understand the fear but too often we hear of all the bad and not enough of the good, which in my opinion there is a lot more good that goes on down in Baja than bad.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 03-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #60
Nic D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Very true. I can understand the fear but too often we hear of all the bad and not enough of the good, which in my opinion there is a lot more good that goes on down in Baja than bad.
I haven't heard of any bad in Buena Vista, or Los Barriles. Last october I was in Buena Vista for 7 days and saw 1 policia and 1 federale and they were waving to us.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote