Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
Markn
Junior

We are heading up to Silver Lake for 2 days and then down to Convict lake for a couple of days. Really looking forward to the trip. It will be the first trip up there that I will have a kayak to fish from. The long johns will be put to good use I am sure. Thanks for the inspirational pictures!
Markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #2
ProfessorLongArms

Looks like we just missed you!

Had a perfect first trip.
It’s surprisingly busy up here for post Labor Day.

I also advise rigging rope/floats to your traps *before* going out on the water, or at least before adding weights. Ended up sacrificing one to the gods
Attached Images

ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
NICKWORN

Gull Lake?

That’s camp spot looks familiar if it was Gull, was the first spot as you turn n make a right? Last camp entrance on the way to Silver?
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:59 AM   #4
Saba Slayer

nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
That’s camp spot looks familiar if it was Gull, was the first spot as you turn n make a right? Last camp entrance on the way to Silver?
NOPE...!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
GTboosted

BWE MEETUP?

Jim, saw you as you were heading out. I was making breakfast with my sister. Knew you were there when I saw your picture at the counter of SLR. Then I saw your badass trailer rolling thru.

ProfessorLongArms I was at the shore drinking a beer when you caught that one right in front of us on Monday. I said nice fish, too bad I didn't know you were a forum member otherwise I would have introduce myself. Fishing was slow but it was a PERFECT day for fishing.

Last edited by GTboosted; 09-26-2018 at 11:13 AM.
GTboosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:39 PM   #6
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Nice report and great fish! As always Jim!!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
steveooo

Will be in the loop all next week. This report was perfect, just enough to make it hard to concentrate on work this week

Fall in the Sierras? Gimme some more!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #8
ProfessorLongArms

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTboosted View Post
Jim, saw you as you were heading out. I was making breakfast with my sister. Knew you were there when I saw your picture at the counter of SLR. Then I saw your badass trailer rolling thru.

ProfessorLongArms I was at the shore drinking a beer when you caught that one right in front of us on Monday. I said nice fish, too bad I didn't know you were a forum member otherwise I would have introduce myself. Fishing was slow but it was a PERFECT day for fishing.
I agree!! I meant to stop and chat longer, but wanted to get that fish cleaned before dark I had a feeling you might be a forum member... Yellow PA, right? I was also envying your trailer!

I just got around to going through my SLR photos. Got one decent pic of the lake at dawn.

https://flic.kr/p/2bw91wc
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
FISH11

Great picture, I love those early morning mirror image pictures when silver Lake has no ripples. Took a bunch a couple years ago and are some of my favorite pictures in the sierras.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #10
GTboosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
I agree!! I meant to stop and chat longer, but wanted to get that fish cleaned before dark I had a feeling you might be a forum member... Yellow PA, right? I was also envying your trailer!

I just got around to going through my SLR photos. Got one decent pic of the lake at dawn.

https://flic.kr/p/2bw91wc
Really nice picture!

The trailer I made it to pull with my Civic. I now have a Wrangler also and would have built something like Jim if I had the horsepower back then lol oh well, at least I can still use it on the civic for when I want to get good gas mileage.

Here is a shot. I already had unloaded stuff from it but it allowed me to bring extra gear that wouldnt fit in the civic. Ez up canopy, cots with mattresses, folding chairs, etc...
Attached Images