Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Bass and Brew 2013 will also be a charitable event

This past week my heart was ripped out when I learned that my younger brother, up in Montana, suffered a minor heart attack and needed three stints put into his chest and may need work done on his leg arteries. All this at 46, the same age as our fathers first heart attack. Our dad went through 30 years of problems with his heart and lungs, dying on the operating table twice amd being revived. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
There is going to be silent auction for various items I have picked up recently including Ugly Stick Tiger Medium light rods(4), basic spinning combos(3) with line and lure packages,instant kid bay set-ups. There will also be lure baskets with bags of plastics. There will also be items donated by various companies.
I will be contacting the Heart Assotiation for details and help with donations from the auction and individuals this week. I want to be sure we do this right. If you have any items for the auction, fishing or non fishing, let me know. If you would like to help, I would really appreciate it. I think we can have a great event and help some people.

Patrick Ross
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Baja_Traveler

Sorry to hear about your brother. I'll definitely bring cash for the auction.

I'll also bring a selection of Stents to show you, so you can see what they look and feel like. Interesting little gadgets I used to help make...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
MrPatrick

Stints

Thanks Baja. That will be great. Many of us are of the get checked age and the younger ones are of the learn how to prevent it age.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
Baja_Traveler

Just an FYI:

stent

[ stent ]
  1. device for keeping bodily tubes open: an open tubular structure of stainless steel or plastic that is inserted into an artery or another bodily tube to keep it from becoming blocked by disease.
stint
[ stint ]

1. be miserly: to be ungenerous in offering, providing, or giving something
  2. deny somebody something: to deny somebody something out of miserliness, or deny yourself something, usually in an act of sacrifice
  3. undergo stoppage or halt: to stop or halt
Not that I'm the spelling police, but because I'm in the industry...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
MrPatrick

Baja

Thanks for the correction.