Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #61
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
Well said Chicken Dinner!
Way to tap yourself on the back Slappy... In this particular subject discussion, where you're sending us this strong ethical message, doing it via 2 nicks discredits it all. Cmon. Josh said he was fishing for bait when he hooked the 2nd one; he released it, and it all ended well. We don't need you, who never before had anything to say or cool stuff to share, to convince us with your 2 nicks that he was laying.

We all know the rules (or at least we should all know 'em), so does Josh. We can all judge for ourselves, so can Josh. No need for mob lynching.

I believe Josh sincerely cares about our fishery. I know in fact that he released more big game LJ fish over the years than a good number of us caught to begin with.

But when he says "thousands of WSB", I call BS!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #62
Quilted Germ

[quote=Chicken Dinner;36101]

"Do the right thing."

quote]

This is all that matters.....
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #63
-scallywag-
Banned

wow!!!! i thought i was on BD for a second?? STOP YOUR WHINNING!!!! or the very few seasoned, fortunate anglers who spend most of their time fishing and still post WILL stop posting, or better yet start posting false reports and bogus techniques....ooohhh and if you don't know how he was catchng them why don't you paddle over to him and ask??? (although if you fish regularly he has given more than enough hints to figure it out) GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #64
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

If this was anyone but Josh it wouldn't of made it a page and a half. Jealousy is a bitch. Like someone said earlier. Some sit appreciative of the catch, while others criticize because they themselves can't to it to the degree of the guy on the stage. I don't know Josh on a personal level nor do I have anything to gain by taking his side. I just think this is all a bit ridiculous.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #65
Rhyno1
Rhyno

Oh my goodness...

Ghost fever is contagious...and now you all have it...bad! Get out and fish already, its the only cure known! This thread has more legs than a centipede!
Rhyno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #66
Trophy Killer
Junior

chicken

Chicken Dinner wouldn't it been a better idea to pm Josh about your thoughts than to behave like a envious person or did you think it was time to come out the closet and post?
Trophy Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #67
Dave I.

I'm trying to figure this out, I can have 5 bass in the live well and keep fishing over my take limit, as long as i don't keep more than five. I understand BSB are protected and can't be pulled out of the water, but were does it say we can't pull a WSB out for a picture, let alone catch more than one at time if we only keep one.

It is truly sad, that the post by chicken was gone before i even had a chance to finish my reply.
And i hope no one else took the poaching claim as legit, otherwise every pro bass fisherman should be in jail.

Dave Ischy

PS, Nice fish Josh, looking forward for another chance to head out for Tuna on the yak this year, really upset i missed last year.
Dave I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #68
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Nice fish Josh

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #69
Podaker

nice fish josh, these people bashing you just wish they could catch as many fish as you release. see ya out there.
Podaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #70
KennyHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podaker View Post
nice fish josh, these people bashing you just wish they could catch as many fish as you release. see ya out there.
Keep it up dude!
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #71
DESTROYER

Hilarious Thread! How can anyone judge ethics by reading a thread. Question: If you have 2 lines out and you double hook up on WSB and you land both of them and release one, is that illeagle? That fish is doing great, I'm sure. I've seen a dozen of pictures of some nice Sheepshead that were pulled out of the water and then released when they were closed and no one hassled those people. I've known people in the past that would have gaffed that fish because they didn't know the retention.

I agree with a post earlier in this thread. Spend your energy trying to keep our fishery open. Tight Lines to all!

Moyer
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #72
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman View Post
If this was anyone but Josh it wouldn't of made it a page and a half. Jealousy is a bitch. Like someone said earlier. Some sit appreciative of the catch, while others criticize because they themselves can't to it to the degree of the guy on the stage. I don't know Josh on a personal level nor do I have anything to gain by taking his side. I just think this is all a bit ridiculous.

To me this thread is'nt about Josh at all, except that he caught some awesome wsb recently, which to me is outstanding!The reason being is that he does'nt play armchair quarterback like some and gets out there and fishes. Basically this thread went to "when is an over the limit fish over the limit", that is at what point should an over the limit fish be released before it becomes a violation? To me this is not "ridiculous" but rather an effort on my part to understand. And also so that maybe others in a similar situation will know when and how to release.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #73
j mo

Agree,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
To me this thread is'nt about Josh at all, except that he caught some awesome wsb recently,
And being relatively new to the sport I’m confused by this. If I’m lucky enough to catch a WSB, should I fear accidentally catching another one? Should I move away from my spot change bait etc.?

Iceman posted the "proper form" for release but noticed he has WSB on deck already and one on the line. Was he in violation? (I guess the Iceman pulled his post???)

This is a great site for info on gear, technique and tackle. There are allot of really cool folks on here that have been very, very helpful especially Josh. I hope it stays that way and doesn’t turn into BloodyDecks 2.0 where you have to sift through pages of insults and shit talking to glean info. I hope it stays humble......

I hope to have the high class problem of catching two WSBS in one day and wondering what the hell to do!

best,
Josh

Last edited by j mo; 03-26-2009 at 10:43 AM.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #74
Quilted Germ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
To me this thread is'nt about Josh at all, except that he caught some awesome wsb recently, which to me is outstanding!The reason being is that he does'nt play armchair quarterback like some and gets out there and fishes. Basically this thread went to "when is an over the limit fish over the limit", that is at what point should an over the limit fish be released before it becomes a violation? To me this is not "ridiculous" but rather an effort on my part to understand. And also so that maybe others in a similar situation will know when and how to release.
I agree, it's not about any one fisherman, but about what to do and what not to do. Being new to the sport, I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, that's all. This site has been more than helpful in many aspects and I hope it continues.
Quilted Germ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #75
FISHIONADO

I've learned from this discussion and will be careful about certain situations in the future. I've found this thread to be very valuable for raising visibility on how to follow the rules. I had never thought through some of these situations and could have easily erred on the water. Peace everyone.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 AM   #76
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsasher View Post
All I have to say about all this at this point is, How many of you out there have in the past fished for trout and had your limit in a short time but continued to fish because you drove all the way out to some lake in the middle of nowhere and your going to make it worth your time, or gone out for lobster and had you limit but your buddy didn't have his yet so you continued to catch lobsters hopping for larger ones and giving the smaller ones to your buddy so he could get his limit or even being over your limit at home in the freezer, so you could stock up on them for later into the summer. Now is that not a violation in itself, to continue because you caught your limit too soon or to stock up on lobsters to last for a few more months? So judge yourself first before throwing stone at others.fficeffice" />>>
>>
I've never done any of those things you mentioned. I did catch a lingcod on a fish trap at the bottom of a sabiki rig once, lingcod were in season so I took it home and ate it. Someone responded to my post showing that I was in violation with more than two hooks on a line for lingcod. I had read the DFG regs but missed that point for lingcods. I am sorry about that violation and would never allow it to happen again. Many people learned from that post also.

I do go 80mph on a 65mph freeway often, but I don't see the relation to this issue.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 AM   #77
blackcloud9
Kayaker

(Careful, the CHP reads these boards looking for speeders.) : )

Fishionado,
I didn't learn anything here except that when people misuse the term
"violation" and "poaching" and they are simply being inflamatory, their
posts get removed. Thanks BWE for monitoring and keeping this a
worthwhile message board.

gcsasher, the difference is that both lobster examples happen to
be law violations. This isn't that .. or, maybe somene can help me.

D50, "Once you handle an over the limit fish you are technically in
violation(at least my common sense tells me that)."

I want to understand this "law" that says you have to stop fishing
completely when you have a limit of some arbitrary species, and/or
the law where it says you cannot lift a fish out of the water before
releasing. I have been fishing for 40 years and have never heard of
such a thing from any reliable source.

Please, please PM me if you have a solid, qualified answer. I posted
the text of the DFG's "Take" law above and it's ridiculously vague,
so some clarity from an attorney would be refreshing.

Last edited by blackcloud9; 03-26-2009 at 11:58 AM.
blackcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #78
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsasher View Post
All I have to say about all this at this point is, How many of you out there have in the past fished for trout and had your limit in a short time but continued to fish because you drove all the way out to some lake in the middle of nowhere and your going to make it worth your time, or gone out for lobster and had you limit but your buddy didn't have his yet so you continued to catch lobsters hopping for larger ones and giving the smaller ones to your buddy so he could get his limit or even being over your limit at home in the freezer, so you could stock up on them for later into the summer. Now is that not a violation in itself, to continue because you caught your limit too soon or to stock up on lobsters to last for a few more months? So judge yourself first before throwing stone at others.fficeffice" />>>
>>

Obviously any intellectual stimuli or conversation resulting from my above post ends here.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #79
MalibuJohnny

What I have learned from this thread

If you contribute to this thread:
  • Be honest
  • Don’t boast
  • Tell the truth
  • Don’t use Photoshop
  • Don’t expect everyone to praise your skills
  • Expect to be held accountable
  • This is a small world…someone is always watching!

I will never get as good as all of you, and that’s OK… because I get more out of this than I could have ever imagined.

Last edited by MalibuJohnny; 03-26-2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: spelling
MalibuJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #80
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Obviously any intellectual stimuli or conversation resulting from my above post ends here.
See Dave, I figured this out yesterday and pulled my posts. I also cleaned up some others that did not belong