Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
kaya_one

Here's Your Lost Mirage Drive

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/spo/3803770976.html
$350 with turbo fins.

I've said before that the BWE Army needs to recruit these scuba and free divers to find our lost gear. Maybe 10% finders fee or free fish.

Someone posted about 6 weeks ago about a yard sale coming in with no leash on the pedals. This might be that someone's - can't remember who it was that posted.

5/19/13 UPDATE: This is not my craigslist post. Just passing it on. I'm not saying it is stolen as the post clearly says it was found while freediving.

Last edited by kaya_one; 05-19-2013 at 06:09 PM.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
dorado50

I'm sure you posted this to become "someone's hero". Not quite sure I would want to sell my extra drive(yea,I paid cash for it and have bill of sale) on the internet!! I don't think someone selling theirs on craigslist means its stolen goods necessarily
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
MotoHero

Follow the link first...tells the whole story.

Yes it is a found item, from La Jolla Shores. By a free diver who says exactly that!

Dwayne
MotoHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
f'nsabiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I'm sure you posted this to become "someone's hero". Not quite sure I would want to sell my extra drive(yea,I paid cash for it and have bill of sale) on the internet!! I don't think someone selling theirs on craigslist means its stolen goods necessarily
WTF are you talking about??? Kaya_one never alludes to the drive being stolen. He is trying to do someone a favor and help get their drive back. Also, if you had read the link you would have known that a free diver found the drive in the surf in La Jolla. Considering how much stuff kayakers lose there, and the fact that no one has reported a drive being stolen, there would be no reason to doubt the Craig's list ad.
Kaya_one if I had lost my drive and you helped me get it back, you would be this "someone's hero"
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
keenefish
Junior

I free dive

Guys, if I'm available I am a Kayaking free diver H&L and I got scuba certified to hunt lobster this year, Lobster season is over now so PM me and if I can help you out I will try. I've had my share of yardsales in the surf so I know it sucks.
Andy can vouch for me, maybe Belcon too but he tells a lot of stories .
Keene
Old 05-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
IslanderFishing

Good to know, Keene. Bookmarked for if and when it happens to me. Thanks!
IslanderFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
lbsurf2ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by f'nsabiki View Post
WTF are you talking about??? Kaya_one never alludes to the drive being stolen. He is trying to do someone a favor and help get their drive back. Also, if you had read the link you would have known that a free diver found the drive in the surf in La Jolla. Considering how much stuff kayakers lose there, and the fact that no one has reported a drive being stolen, there would be no reason to doubt the Craig's list ad.
Kaya_one if I had lost my drive and you helped me get it back, you would be this "someone's hero"
lol, you guys obviously haven't seen many post by Dorodo50