Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
JeffB

Best 1 1/2hrs to date!!!

The morning started out perfect( woke up on the right side of the bed), and the work day ended super early. So I decided to take out the wife and lil' guy out to the bay. I got home and loaded up the yak and the wife's cruiser and loaded the "Lil Red" full of my bay gear. I got out to SI around 1800 and fished about half an hour or so waiting for the wife. I got nailed almost every cast, connecting with half the strikes. It's already looking good for the little guy.

Onc the wife shows up I send her on her way on her cruiser and me and little man jump in the yak and take off. First cast we hook up right away. Then the second and third. I stopped fishing for a few and took him on a nice little paddle. He thought it was so cool when the kayak rocked from the big waves from the sport boats! I'm glad some actually does, lol! I ended up rigging his little ultra light up and dropped,it down. He caught three more fish on it, then hooked into something big. I buttoned on the drag, but the line was just too light and popped off. So we swapped back to one of my set-ups and caught one last pic for a photo. I wanted to get a pic before he got fussy.

Once my wife met us back at the beach I loaded up her bike and walked the little guy around. Took him over to get some melted tummies out of the vending machine, then tried sending him back home. He didn't want to leave. He wanted to go back out so bad. He was a total trooper. I figured he wouldn't last that long given that he is only two. I was a little sad seeing him cry as I waved bye.

I jumped back on the yak and went back out for a few more hours. Nothing special, had a few good bites, but caught nothing but short sandies and Cali's. I fished until the current was just too much. I never I would see the day that it would be the case. It's was moving 3.34knots last night. I could barely keep a 2 1/2oz lead head on the bottom. I would chunk it way out then it would be almost under the yak by the time it hit bottom. I hooked up into something really big on a 7" swim bait at the very end of the night, but came off halfway up. Called it quotes a few casts later.

Well I hope you all enjoyed, and now is a perfect time to,get your little ones out who have them to enjoy some good fishing in either bay. Now for my next trip .....
Attached Images