Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-18-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
Jkfishing

Silver lake report

Camping trip last weekend at Silver lake had a great time catching crawfish and they were some super big one. We had crawfish boil both nights and some to take home. Trout fishing was a different story super windy about 20 to 30 mph all three days and at night time which resulted poor fishing condition from kayak or anywhere else. We caught one trout which is a first for us. Camp ground beautiful and the camp ground host was super nice and even more helpful.
I tried to post pictures but unable to.

Big thanks to Jim Salazar posts for motivation.
Attached Images

Jkfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Tigermidge

You can't fool me. Silver lake has houses all a round it. It's in LA.
grin

Mark
Tigermidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Jkfishing

You caught me is Chino lol.
Just order couple more of crawfish traps for next year. Is just like hoop netting but better results for me.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

Trip...?

Looks like you had a great trip...you had a great view of Alger Creek and the waterfall from your campsite...I'm sure you fell asleep to it each night...if the howling wind allowed you to hear it...LOL!
I usually get a site on the other end of the campground as its more protected from the wind and closer to the lake.
My "go to" place for fishing when it's really windy up there, is Reverse Creek...it could be blowing 20mph on the lake but in the creek its usually beautiful with lots of fish willing to bite. My second choice on a windy day is Grant Lake where Rush Creek comes into it...near the big dead tree...!

Aren't those Crawdads delicious...???!!!
I'm taking some butter and garlic for a very simple boil with a few of those delicious critters this time...
It's funny you should post today...as I just finished loading the Pro Angler and the trailer for my last trip of this season. I'll be up there setting some traps at this time tomorrow.....

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
GTboosted

Sounds like a fun trip!

Silver lake is what got me into fishing about 8 years ago. The first time there I fished on the shore across the lake when it was windy. You need to take the rock "steps" between rush creek and silver. There you get minimal wind. Rush creek is another good spot if windy(I haven't tried kayaking rush creek, just walking around open spots). The south end of the campground is more protected but I prefer the more open sites for the nice mountain views during sunrise and sunsets. I like site 23.

I will be there again from Saturday to Tuesday. Doing a solo trip but I think my sister may join.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:43 PM   #6
Jkfishing

Thanks for the info can't wait to go back. Good luck