Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #41
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORENZ View Post
Don't you get it yet. A letter isn't going to do a thing to convince a guy, if his mind is already made up...
Right...

Letters, public outreach to elected officials of both parties, and our PRESENCE at the meetings so far has done nothing to help the cause .

This would have been way worse without that. Please, just help out. Don't just bash away at the people that have done a significant amount of work to ensure YOUR fishing remains open.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #42
Matt
Support your local pangas

YA MAY WANNA REMEMBER MANY OF US HAVE BEEN IN THIS FIGHT SINCE THE OXNARD MEETING WHICH WAS MAINLY ATTENDED BY SAN DIEGO FISHERMAN!!! OR EVEN BEFORE THAT!!! AND THAT PRESENCE THAT STARTED AT THAT MEETING AND THAT LETTER WRITING CAMPAIGN STARTED AT THAT MEETING WAS THEN JOINED BY THE SPEAROS AND LOTS MORE BWE, BLOODYDECKERS, LJKF'ERS, PLASTIC NAVY GUYS ET. AL AND ARE QUITE POSSIBLY THE MAIN REASON LJ WAS NOT RIPPED APART AS HARD AS PT. DUME OR LAGUNA!!!!

IT ISN'T IN FRONT OF THE MLPA BOARD IT'S IN FRONT OF THE DFG COMMISSION WHICH AT THIS POINT CAN AMEND CERTAIN THINGS PM IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE FULL REAL INFO!!!

AND JUST SO YA KNOW THE DFG COMMISSION IS NOT VOTED IN AT ALL, IN FACT THE GOVERNATOR APPOINTED THE CURRENT GROUP OR THE MAJORITY OF THE CURRENT COMMISSION . THE MLPA BOARD OR BRTF AND RSG MEMBERS ARE NOW OUT OF THE PICTURE ENTIRELY.....EVERYONE WHO SITS CURRENTLY ON THE BOARD WERE APPOINTED BY YOUR BLESSED REPUBLICAN PARTY........SO WRITE THEM, AND THEN SHOW UP ON DEC. 9 AND DEC.10 AND SIGN UP FOR SPEAKING TIME IF YOU CAN THAT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. OH AND I THINK I MENTIONED WRITING TO YOUR POLITICIANS INSTEAD OF WRITING ON A FISHING BOARD WHERE IT DOES NO GOOD AT ALL!!!!!!!

GET CURRENT WITH THE SITUATION AND THEN YOUR POLITICAL BANTER WILL MAKE ALOT MORE SENSE......

Last edited by Iceman; 11-24-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #43
bellcon

When it comes to the world of kayak fishing,
I don't really care what freakin political party you belong to.

If your a Republican and you voiced support for the work group 3 proposal
you got your name on the chit list

If your a Democrat and you voiced support for the work group 3 proposal
you got your name on the chit list

The Chit list is long
But it would be ridiculously long
and just plain stupid
to try and include the names of those politicians, corporations, organizations or foundations that voiced a strong stance (or any stance) against the MLPA. (That would be the "supporters" or "Our Friends" list)

I do know more than a few "republicans" who are elected officials that took a stance against the MLPA
and I sent Dean Flores a letter of support and thanks along time ago.

But in context, I could really careless what their wider political views are, or frankly where they stand in regards to their religious beliefs.

This is about the MLPA. specifically the South Coast Region MLPA,
and if you are not with us you are against us, period.

United we stand
and
Divided... we stand around looking like a bunch a dicks.

P.S
If you have the name of a politician who needs to be added to the Chit list lets add it...
but remember you don't get on the list by not being proactively against the MLPA
you get on the list for being proactively in support of the MLPA.

And yes Arnold is on the chit list... and he is a "republican", but really he is more of a RINO

Double P.S.
I wish BWE would make a private MLPA board
So these rants would have less eyes on them

Have a nice day
and may God (or whatever floats your yak) Bless you with some awesome fishing and a great Thanksgiving.
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #44
Matt
Support your local pangas

THANK YOU TYLER AND BELLCON!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:17 PM   #45
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Wow...

No poli-bs here, just facts.

Along with a bunch of SD yakkers, Clay and I attended the Oxnard meeting. Then, since the room was sparsely populated by us, we had minutes, minutes to speak, Clay spoke, got an ovation, and great points were made. Clapping was allowed then...then.

Since more people were made aware by the efforts of a few, we know who they are, our voices were heard, our minutes chopped to quarter minutes, and no clapping allowed. They knew what they were doing, RR'ing us and it was obvious. As it got later in the game, the BRTF were no longer cordial, because they tried to keep the 'extensive public input' under wraps. But the word got out.

Point I am making, I agree with comments by those who have put in the time. I am not doing it for me, I want to be able to take my pride and joy out kayaking with me in a safe manner. It is our bond, and just as I am willing to fight for it, so is he.

Why don't we take all of this banter and direct it towards saving our access...

I just wish we had this much enthusiasm, views, and input in Oxnard.

We have made a difference in our region, and now is not the time to ease up nor is it the time to argue amongst ourselves...that is what they want.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #46
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Arguing over broad partisan politics gets us no where. We need to stay specific to the MLPA topic. I am sure there are politics boards to argue the broader point.
This post is too important to let wander WAY off course. I cleaned it up!

Keep your politics and name calling off this site.

This thread is a source of great information, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #47
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Thanks Andy!

All - please spare us your political views and agenda. There are plenty of political forums out there. You can praise your favored political party on those forums and tell the world how great your party did in fighting MLPA...
Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 AM   #48
Billy V

Thanks Andy-

This MLPA issue is far from over, and we should all stay focused for the up coming meeting on Dec. 9th and 10th.
-----------
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #49
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks moderators.

Back to December 9th and 10th...
News will be coming along after the thanksgiving weekend so stay tuned.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #50
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
This post is too important to let wander WAY off course. I cleaned it up!
Thanks Andy!! Sorry for my part in it I just found the idea of a poster hijacking this issue just for partisan reasons or push one party over another in extremely bad taste. This is not a partisan issue we all have to do our part to keep our waters open. That means writing your officials no matter who you traditionally vote for.

Thanks again, Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM   #51
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Please add my apologies to those expressed by Jim. Those who feel this thread went way off track are absolutly right. I am apologize if my comments helped to stir the pot.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote