Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 11-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #21
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

1. Tyler
2. Greg
3. Zenspearo
4. Billy V
5. Jason
6. Mark Olsen
7. Josh Rider
8. Mark Pierpont
9. Jeff Kreiger
10. Jim Sammons
11. Brent
12. Jeff (So Cal Shaggy)
13. Erika
14. Bellcon
15. TMan
16. Rob Mandel
17. tattuna
18. Fishianodo
19. baja709
20. Matt
21. Gabe
22. ?????????/

Next

Thanks Adi for the front page and neon freakin' green

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 AM   #22
habanero

WTF is going on? It seems like they just keep dragging this on until we fall back in our numbers and it appears, on record, that the opposition is in agreement? I hope the indecision is genuine and our public showing is not in vain. At any rate, we need to keep up the pressure now and show that we are not a malleable group of dumb fisherman.

I'm in

I wonder if someone from Shimano is reading this post and is going to show?
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
THE DARKHORSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero View Post
WTF is going on? It seems like they just keep dragging this on until we fall back in our numbers and it appears, on record, that the opposition is in agreement? I hope the indecision is genuine and our public showing is not in vain. At any rate, we need to keep up the pressure now and show that we are not a malleable group of dumb fisherman.

I'm in

I wonder if someone from Shimano is reading this post and is going to show?

Exactly, Don. I never thought any proposal would be given to the DFG "on time". A schedule for death? Wouldn't it be great to know the exact day you're going to die? Making it seem like your listening to all the people crying on the podium, while really plotting the end of fishing in Southern California takes time, I guess. This extra time enables the BRTF to look like they're at least thinking about a compromise .

It would have been great to start licking our wounds by now, but I guess they're not done sticking needles under our toe nails. It's been so obvious at every meeting, the blatant bias is disgusting. We're like a Yellowtail being tossed back and forth by Knothead...a slow, but sure death.

Unfortunetely, the BRTF isn't a dumb freak of nature Sealion trained to never actually fish anymore...why fish when you can steal fish, right? Or should I say, why go fishing when you can buy fish?

On the question about Shimano showing up: One thing that pissed me off to no end was hearing quite a few guys say "wasn't it awesome Shimano had a rep come up to the stand and speak up about the economic impact". No! Too little too late. To have one, and I mean only one rep from a major company show up at the last meeting...are you fuc#$%! kidding me? The list of major companies that should have been at these meetings, from early on, is endless. It's disgusting!

I will not cede my time and you'll be able to hear me when they shut the mic off.

In!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #24
Ocean-Angler

I need transportation, and Ill show up for sure
I texted my friend who is an editor for a small newspaper company in San Luis Obispo.. but I dont know if hes gonna help.. didnt text me back
Ocean-Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
JoeBeck

Copied this onto the bloody deck and kayak 4 fish boards. Didn't see anything on those and don't have time today to write that much. I should be there, still waiting for approval.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #26
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

I went back and watched the BRTF meeting video archive. On that video they "openly" discuss all the different options for the different regions.

Funny how some of the BRTF options that showed up on MarineMap last week weren't discussed in public at all, but magically appeared. funny how all of them are antifishing. Somethigns rotten in Denmark. Are they trying to pull a fast one on us? Again? Are we going to let it happen?

We need you to be there November 10th to make sure it doesn't happen.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #27
herbo

Hell Ya, I'll be there to kicka$$ and take numbers I'm not letting a bunch of I-pod, text messaging school kids interfere with something this important, BTW Black Shirts? .....H
Old 11-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
zenspearo

bump.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #29
bellcon

Quote:
I will not cede my time and you'll be able to hear me when they shut the mic off.

In!

OH BOY
I am getting a front row seat for this one
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #30
kurt

In.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #31
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

1. Tyler
2. Greg
3. Zenspearo
4. Billy V
5. Jason
6. Mark Olsen
7. Josh Rider
8. Mark Pierpont
9. Jeff Kreiger
10. Jim Sammons
11. Brent
12. Jeff (So Cal Shaggy)
13. Erika
14. Bellcon
15. TMan
16. Rob Mandel
17. tattuna
18. Fishianodo
19. baja709
20. Matt
21. Gabe
22. Habanero
23. Dark Horse
24. Ocean Angler
25. JoeBeck
26. Herbo
27. Kurt
28. Kiyo
29. Kelpangler
30. Dave Martin
31. Rick Valdez
32. Rick Valdez Jr.
33. Yaker81
34. Kevin Gugliotta
35. Andy Acevedo 36. Ed Zamora
37. Wil Pating
38. Herbo
39. paintnfish
40. Gregandrew
41. Jax Yak
42. Shortstack
43. Cucamunga Keith
44. Dochudson
45. Southboundhound
46. Civilizedcaveman

47. Theluckypig
48. piranha
49. Pig
50. KLCD
51. jclays
52. nextbite
53. MattSabal3

Great list so far. I might have double listed some people by their screen name and real name. We always need more.

A BRTF that understands our position, will only stick their neck out for us if we support them. They won't do it if we abandon them.

Even if they cut public comment short, we still need to be there. Our presence reminds them of the human cost and loss of opportunity the bad shapes represent.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 PM   #32
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

So I shopped at Ralph's tonight...

Clay and I hit Ralph's to do some stocking up with the sales deals they had...we meandered over to the seafood section, ouch...could not believe the prices they wanted for snapper, tilapia (WTF?), color added salmon, halibut brown around the edges, tuna that was a pinkish color, along with other species, nothing under $4.99 a pound...

So what happens if these 'filets on ice' don't sell? Hmmmm...

And that was just the 'fresh' section...really liked the plastic wrapped fish, that was even more atrocious.

We don't even want to talk about the price of 'Chilean White Sea Bass'...give it an exotic name, mark it up...

Hope you savers of fish read this, couple questions for you though...do you eat fish, and if so, is it from plastic, or at restaurants?

And have you ever eaten at Red Lobster, don't ya wonder why the prices are so cheap? I for one refuse to eat there, never have, maybe if you do some research you'll find out why...

Majority of us like our fish fresh, like to know where it actually came from and how it was handled...and the majority of us don't buy netted, flopped on a deck, bruised, flash frozen, sealed in plastic fish...

Funny how we are portrayed as the bad guys and gals, when in actuality, seems to me that your seafood eating habits are the ones that should be scrutinized...

We are not even gonna go into the seals and sealions eating habits, since they're vegetarians...oops, wait, that's the manatees and dugongs. Of course the seals and sealions that congregate at Children's Pool know better than to eat undersized fish, so they aren't hurting the fish population...geez, what was I thinking...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher

Last edited by Tman; 11-06-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #33
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

The email is out

Quote:
Who: MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF)

What: Addressing confusion regarding public comment at the reconvened BRTF meeting

Where: See statement below and attached in PDF

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Public Comment at the Reconvened MLPA
Blue Ribbon Task Force Meeting on November 10, 2009

The California Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative is committed to an open and transparent process to help the State of California develop an improved system of marine protected areas (MPAs). A key element of the MLPA Initiative is creating opportunities for effective stakeholder and interested public participation.

The MLPA Initiative includes a regional stakeholder group in each study region that develops MPA proposals with the assistance of the task force, a science advisory team, the California Department of Fish and Game, California Department of Parks and Recreation, and a team of staff and contractors, as well as significant input from the interested public.

The MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force has received three MPA proposals from the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (SCRSG) and determined on October 22, 2009 that all three should be forwarded to the California Fish and Game Commission, along with a preferred alternative that could be one of the three or an integrated blend of them.

The task force received over ten thousand written comments and over six hours of formal verbal public comment related to the Round 3 SCRSG MPA proposals and the individual MPAs within different geographies, which have significantly helped inform the decision making process. These public comments are in addition to the over fifteen hours of formal verbal public comment, and hundreds of hours of informal input and feedback, received by the SCRSG during its deliberations.

On October 22, 2009, the task force incorporated information from public comments in its deliberations about potential MPA options to consider for the preferred alternative. Throughout its deliberations, the task force requested input from SCRSG members who are intimately familiar with the interests, concerns and values taken into consideration in developing the MPA proposals. At the end of the day, the task force had identified a subset of MPAs to be potentially included in a preferred alternative (referred to as “common MPAs”) and several key geographies where agreement had not been reached (referred to as “MPA options under consideration”); as a result, the task force recessed and will reconvene on November 10, 2009 to continue its deliberations on the preferred alternative. Members of the SCRSG have been invited to again participate in the meeting and their direct input will be an important element of the task force deliberations.

The public has also been offered an additional opportunity for submitting written comments during the nearly three week recess. In the key geographies with MPA options under consideration by the task force, the public has continued to provide written input, with up to several hundred comments each day since October 22; some of those comments are quite specific, with details about suggested boundary shifts, regulation changes, or new information that has not been previously submitted to the process, which are the most helpful types of comments to the task force at this point in time. Members of the public have been clearly indicating if they are writing about MPA options in a specific geography being considered by the task force or the Round 3 SCRSG MPA proposals.

Consistent with the long-standing practice of taking public comment on action items, the public will have an opportunity to provide verbal comment to the task force prior to a vote to adopt a preferred alternative. The task force has previously heard significant public comment on this subject at the first part of its meeting on October 21; therefore, the task force will request that comments on the motion to adopt a preferred alternative be specific to the action item and focused on any new information that has not been previously disclosed. Members of the public with new information to share with the task force are requested to designate a spokesperson who can represent their viewpoint; speakers will be asked to indicate on their comment card the details of the new information to be presented. The task force will also look to SCRSG members to actively provide a voice for public interests.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #34
JPSURF

Will be there!!!!

JP
JPSURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #35
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

1. Tyler
2. Greg
3. Zenspearo
4. Billy V
5. Jason
6. Mark Olsen
7. Josh Rider
8. Mark Pierpont
9. Jeff Kreiger
10. Jim Sammons
11. Brent
12. Jeff (So Cal Shaggy)
13. Erika
14. Bellcon
15. TMan
16. Rob Mandel
17. tattuna
18. Fishianodo
19. baja709
20. Matt
21. Gabe
22. Habanero
23. Dark Horse
24. Ocean Angler
25. JoeBeck
26. Herbo
27. Kurt
28. Kiyo
29. Kelpangler
30. Dave Martin
31. Rick Valdez
32. Rick Valdez Jr.
33. Yaker81
34. Kevin Gugliotta
37. Wil Pating
38. Herbo
39. paintnfish
40. Gregandrew
41. Jax Yak
42. Shortstack
43. Cucamunga Keith
44. Dochudson
45. Southboundhound
46. Civilizedcaveman
47. Theluckypig
48. piranha
49. Pig
50. KLCD
51. jclays
52. nextbite
53. MattSabal3
54. JP surf
55. ??????

Next??

Old 11-07-2009, 11:25 AM   #36
T-Rex

Everyone should take some time to read the public comment letters posted on the DFG. A lot are from politicians (Republican and Democrat) and city/county/state officials who need to have their feet held to the fire. Some are from surfers who really should know better and others are from complete nut job enviro-talibans dead set on eliminating fishing, kayaking and surfing from "their" beaches.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #37
JJ

I'm in too. See ya'll there!!!
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #38
SeaDog

I'll be there to express my vote of "no confidence" in this process. There are some that have been in this process from the beginning and have been lied to and manipulated for months as time and again the rules have changed. Remember Ext C? I guess this process will continue until we get it "right".
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #39
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

A few of the many things that annoy me...

A couple shapes showed up on the BRTF maps that were not discussed at all during the session, but magically they became options. These shapes received no RSG input. It was nice that the RSG members were able to give input to the shapes discussed in front of them.

In this "open and transparent process" where public input is welcome and such, they didn't release the memo that public comment would be allowed until Saturday morning . This only gives people one working day.

The info leaked out Thursday evening, and they were looking for the leak. They didn't want to give people too much warning now because then they might actually be able to make it and participate.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:23 PM   #40
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

1. Tyler
2. Greg
3. Zenspearo
4. Billy V
5. Jason
6. Mark Olsen
7. Josh Rider
8. Mark Pierpont
9. Jeff Kreiger
10. Jim Sammons
11. Brent
12. Jeff (So Cal Shaggy)
13. Erika
14. Bellcon
15. TMan
16. Rob Mandel
17. tattuna
18. Fishianodo
19. baja709
20. Matt
21. Gabe
22. Habanero
23. Dark Horse
24. Ocean Angler
25. JoeBeck
26. Herbo
27. Kurt
28. Kiyo
29. Kelpangler
30. Dave Martin
31. Rick Valdez
32. Rick Valdez Jr.
33. Yaker81
34. Kevin Gugliotta
37. Wil Pating
38. Herbo
39. paintnfish
40. Gregandrew
41. Jax Yak
42. Shortstack
43. Cucamunga Keith
44. Dochudson
45. Southboundhound
46. Civilizedcaveman
47. Theluckypig
48. piranha
49. Pig
50. KLCD
51. jclays
52. nextbite
53. MattSabal3
54. JP surf
55. JJ
56. SeaDog
56. ???????

Next??