Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Directions to the BRTF meeting

Guys, I just copied this from BD. One of the RSG members, Joel, put this up for us. I thought it would be helpful:

Quote:
I've been struggling for days trying to figure out just how to make it really simple for folks to find the Hilton on Wednesday, 'cause for anyone who hasn't been there it's a real biatch. Long Beach is a maze of one-way streets that can send you off on a freeway to nowhere in the blink of an eye.

From the website for the Hilton Long Beach:

"Take the 405 Freeway to the 710 Freeway South, the Long Beach Freeway. Once on the 710 South, exit Downtown/Broadway/Pine Avenue (exit is on the left side of the freeway). Make the next right on Magnolia and the next right on Ocean Blvd. Hilton is down two lights on the right hand side (the corner of Ocean and Golden Avenues)."

But that's only part of the story, particularly for folks from Santa Barbara or San Diego who may have already spent three hours on the road. So, here's what you'll see when you get there:

The red arrow labeled "A" below is the one only and place to turn. That is the guest entrance to the hotel and you'll be home free with validated parking. However, if you miss that turn in, you've just screwed yourself out of precious time trying to find your way back. Believe me, it aint easy.

The routes pointed to by the black arrows are roads to oblivion. Anywhere from 1/2 hour on up will go down the drain trying to get back to where you missed that entrance.

The yellow hook is your only exit strategy if you missed the hotel on your right, but can't make it over to the entrance because driving the wrong way on a one-way street is not your cup of tea. By making a U-turn there, you'll be able to find some way back for another shot at it that won't lose you much time.

-Joel

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
-scallywag-
Banned

good to know...and probably a little more than helpful. See y'all there.
JMO...but i HATE LA traffic!!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote