Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 06-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #41
-scallywag-
Banned

WOW.... i haven't seen so many yardsales since the last time i went to lakeside!!!! no wonder nobody fishes LJ after sundown, i should have showed up sunday mornin at low tide to pick up the scraps!!!

BTW....is that D50 dumping it on the inside?? this is gonna be bad karma for those who took these pics!(does anyone have video???)

I got a late start, trolled some macs near the kelp and caught 2 giant barries and lost probably 10 pieces of bait to them. By then i was pissed and tied up to a deep kelp hole and dropped some more macs to the bottom, caught about 5 calis, two huge linger's (32" & 34"), a mud marlin who earned his nickname by getting airborne before taking a blistering surface run then straitening my hook, I also has two other big fish break off that i didn't get to see (probably more marlins)...then i had to go to work.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #42
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Aaaaaaahhhh...my boys first LJ wipeout...couldn't get him out of the water after that...

Never should've told him about the IPod for the Best Wipeout...

Thanks Kiyo,

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #43
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

My bozo landing was featured in some of the photos above. The funny thing is that I did just about everything right, (except for stowing my gear). I timed the swell, peddled in to shallow water and jumped out. Before the next swell hit, I had turned the kayak around and all was fine.

NOT... I was so worn out from my morning of useless peddling around that I just stood there for a few seconds and took in the amazing view of hundreds of kayaks trying to launch and land in a 100 foot wide area.

Before I knew it, a wave hit me and pulled my kayak out of my grip. After that my landing became the classic garage sale. Someone from the beach came out and tried to help but by then the damage was done. The kayak flipped and I was sure I was going to lose or break everything.

Fortunately, there was minimal damage to my gear... just to my pride. At least I did not win the iPod.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 05:24 AM   #44
dorado50

LOL.. that was me! In one foot of water no less! I was trying to show off,see where that gets you.............sideways!!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote