Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion

Old 05-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #1
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Left them biting last night

So glad we have this new bass forum!

I was out for a quick Mission Bay session last night on the L2Fish after work. I started out with a carolina rigged berkley gulp ghost shrimp, landed a few small spotties but the bites were timid and seemed like small fish. Decided to switch it up and I moved from the carolina rig to a z-man chatterbait (red head, gold blade) with a z-man jerk shad (smokey shad color) This was the ticket!!! In the 1.5 hours I fished with the chatterbait I landed 7 fish over 14" one was almost 17" ( The big one pulled drag and fought so hard and had such vicious head shakes I thought I had a keeper halibut) I got about another 5 or so between 12-14 and one more micro bass. Tide was slack I started fishing at 6:00PM high tide was at 7:20PM and I fished until to was dark around 8:10PM
The best was that I didnt have to go far from where I parked right in from of the Bahia on the northside of the cove, just outside of the swimming zone. Wind was blowing west to east and I was drifting across the bay towards Tidal and Barefoot Bar ( great places to eat BTW) This was the first time I really fished after work, it wont be the last. Around 7:30 i looked around and I was the ONLY person out there and the fish were absolutely SLAMMING the z-man chatterbait. Great way to end a Monday!!! Hope to see you out on the water! Next time you see the big guy on the catamaran hull SUP stop by and say hey.

Cheers,

Bernie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6477.jpg (154.7 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6478.jpg (90.4 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6479.jpg (134.2 KB, 215 views)

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
Scoot
Scoot

Awesome brother! Thanks for the report.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 AM   #3
murphy
Junior

Wow man. That middle picture is awesome. Nice report and great info on the zmanzzzz
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:50 AM   #4
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Wow man. That middle picture is awesome. Nice report and great info on the zmanzzzz
Thanks Murphy ! What this pic doesn't show is the fact I am in about 10" of water, Nice guy on the beach saw me struggling to take a picture of the SUP and the sunset and took it for me. If you see me out there come over and say hey, always looking for a buddy to fish with!

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote