Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 09:09 PM   #1
AndyK
Junior

SD Bay Help

My buddy is coming down to fish this weekend and were planning on fishing MB which I know from years of float tubing. However - I haven't been out since Feb couldn't help but notice how absolutely overrun it is with Seadoos and boat rentals now. Today was a weekday and I can only imagine how much worse itll be on Saturday. Lots of new drivers, kids under 12 and rentals. Scary stuff on a kayak, had a couple close calls.

Needless to say we're going to switch gears and hit SD bay. I've only fished it twice from a boat and would really love some tips. Obviously we'd love to catch some keeper halibut, but if we had a day of a bunch of short bass we would be thrilled. Just trying to show him a good time. Both of us will be on Hobies.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
My buddy is coming down to fish this weekend and were planning on fishing MB which I know from years of float tubing. However - I haven't been out since Feb couldn't help but notice how absolutely overrun it is with Seadoos and boat rentals now. Today was a weekday and I can only imagine how much worse itll be on Saturday. Lots of new drivers, kids under 12 and rentals. Scary stuff on a kayak, had a couple close calls.

Needless to say we're going to switch gears and hit SD bay. I've only fished it twice from a boat and would really love some tips. Obviously we'd love to catch some keeper halibut, but if we had a day of a bunch of short bass we would be thrilled. Just trying to show him a good time. Both of us will be on Hobies.
Check out Roman Castro's YouTube he fishes SD bay all the time and talk all about it on his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwE...7Cb1TvVZy9nSSg
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
FullFlavorPike

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Last weekend in Mission Bay I was out with the wife and baby in the tandem, trolling a krocodile to see if any MB barracuda were on the prowl. Jet skiers racing around in the 5 mph zone like crazy. One fool on a rental rode over my lure and spooled my bass rod before the fluoro broke at the albright knot Summer on mission bay!
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote