Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2020, 06:50 AM   #1
SoCal Fishing
Junior

New Kayaks

Hi guys, new to the forums but have been lurking for a bit. I am about to purchase an outback for me and a compass for my wife. We live in Mission Viejo. Wanted to know if any local shops offer discounts. I read another post about talking to Andy at OEX and that is one of my plans as I work in Long Beach. Really looking forward to getting out on the water and joining you guys for some fishing very soon.
SoCal Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #2
Mski
Junior

Definitely go see Andy at OEX. He will give you a great price and super customer service. He will give you great advice on accessories and most likely discount those too. Best of all he is super knowledgeable and a stand up guy.
Mski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
tak100
Recruit

Brent at OEX San Diego is also a great source of info and might be closer to home. You can't go wrong with either one.
tak100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #4
SoCal Fishing
Junior

Thanks Guys Should have something soon!
SoCal Fishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #5
Salty

I'm in Mission Viejo too and I got my kayak from OEX in Sunset Beach. Definitely worth the drive. Andy is a good, trustworthy guy. I will say, if they have Outbacks available and in stock, GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE STILL THERE! My buddy ordered a 2020 Outback and it took almost 5 weeks to get it in from Hobie due to backorders related to the last shutdown. There's a good chance Hobie has their production line under control now (I'd let a Hobie rep speak to that!), but just a head's up that there's a chance it may take a little longer than normal if you have to place an order. Worth the wait though! lol
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
Cbs49er
Junior

Yea I plan on stopping by there but I called yesterday and I asked about old town kayaks and they said it'd take I think 4 to 8 weeks to get one. Have to go in and see what they have in stock.
Cbs49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #7
wkk
Junior

There's a shortage of kayaks everywhere. I don't think anyone is offering any discounts on Hobie. But OEX will usually discount some of their accessories when you purchase a new kayak. Kayakfishingsupplies.com is the website for OEX online sales.
wkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #8
Harry Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbs49er View Post
Yea I plan on stopping by there but I called yesterday and I asked about old town kayaks and they said it'd take I think 4 to 8 weeks to get one. Have to go in and see what they have in stock.
I got my Old Town Predator PDL from OEX, great guys to deal with, always helpful.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #9
Jxjones

Ordered my 360 at the end of June and it finally came last weekend. If you can get any Hobie, snap it up. The factory is still struggling to keep up with demand. Good luck!
Jxjones is offline   Reply With Quote