Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 08-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Tournament tomorrow

Well the third annual Steve Moyer Memorial tournament is tomorrow and I hope you are all set for a good time, whether the fishing is good or bad. I just thought I would toss out a few things to make this a better day for everyone.

Although this is a competition, don't take it to serious, just enjoy the day fishing and hanging with everyone

Use some common sense and courtesy at the launch site. With this hot weather, I am sure it will be a mess at the launch when everyone comes in. Rentals, tourists and others are sure to have the launch clogged in the afternoon. Try to help everyone out by getting off the launch ASAP to clear room for the next person. Use wheels if you have them rather than driving onto the beach, I am sure this will lessen the stress. If you are driving onto the beach, have your kayak ready to load before you go get the vehicle. Don’t drive onto the beach then spend the next 20 minutes tearing down. The launch is not the place to discuss the days fishing; we can do that back at Kate Sessions Park at the weigh in.

This hot weather will also bring many boats to the area, look out for them and each other.

The bait boat will be sporting a Pirate flag, if you need assistance look for them, they will be monitoring 71 on the VHF.

The bait was a donation and is in limited supply, each person that wants bait will get a few pieces to get you started. Plan on catching your own bait after that.

At the morning breakfast, please respect the people staying at the hotel and keep voice levels to a minimum. I don’t think anyone would want to be woken at 4:00 in the morning when on vacation.

There is talk of a swell coming in, so take care on your launch and landing; with this many kayaks on the water there may be some crashes, so help each other out if you can.

Remember the cutoff for the weigh in is 2:00pm sharp, give yourself plenty of time to get loaded and get up to Kate Sessions Park.

Take plenty of pictures.

Remember this is for Charity and we are looking to earn money for it. Bring extra money for the HUGE raffle and casting contest.

You may launch between 5:00 and 7:00 am, you must check in with us before launching. I should be there by 4:30. Save me a space on the beach for my truck.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for joining us to remember our friend Steve Moyer and for supporting this great cause
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote