Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments

Old 01-07-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
jas

MARCH 11TH 2006 ANNUAL KAYAK SPORTFISHING TOURNAMENT

The Main Event is only 2 months away. Pre-registration will begin on Jan. 9th. Event details and rules will be published then.

This is essentially 2 tournaments in one. You may enter only 1 division:

I. Big Fish - Heaviest single fish

II. Catch and Release Bass - Best 5 bass total (weigh boats record bass catches)

GRAND PRIZE KAYAK PACKAGES will be awarded to the winner of each division.

QUALITY PLACEMENT PRIZES will be awarded for 2nd-7th in both divisions.

HUGE RAFFLE thousands of dollars worth in prizes

Every paid entrant will also receive an angler giveaway bag, event shirt, raffle ticket and barbeque. The shirt and giveaway bag alone is well worth the price of entry.

Many of you have already reserved camping spots at Doheny. The camp site is located along the beach just adjacent to the tournament staging area. There are spots still available but they are going fast. Camping at Doheny is certainly not required to enter the event but it sure makes for a fun weekend. It's also incredibly convenient and inexpensive for those coming in from out of town. Doheny camp sites can be reserved through http://www.reserveamerica.com.

Each year I do my best to price this event at cost. Dana Point is an ideal location but it doesn't come without a price. Staging area fees, event permit fees, mandatory insurance, state ranger, food, shirts, support materials, etc; (total costs exceeding $4000) are all factored into the price of admission. Pre-registration is greatly appreciated.

Previous tournament info can be found here:
http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/tournament.htm

Last year we had 150 kayak anglers enter from San Diego to as far north as Santa Francisco. The generous sponsor support we receive for the tournament is evident by the volume and quality of prizes contributed.

Dana Point is an ideal location as well as a quality fishery. Good bass and halibut fishing and as we discovered at our last event, can also be home to 55+lb white seabass. The previous year our bass division winner caught, weighed and released an 11+lb calico bass.

Feel free to email or pm me if you have any questions in the meantime.

8) jas
Old 01-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #2
ElMocoGrande

Send a message via AIM to ElMocoGrande
Thanks for the Headsup. I just reserved a camping space and the were only five or six left. Move fast.
ElMocoGrande is offline   Reply With Quote