Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #1
HotRod03

Mounting Fish Finder

I'm asking for some suggestions on mounting a Cuda 128 Fish Finder. This is my first fish finder and I've never mounted one on a kayak before. I understand the transducer gets mounted inside the kayak using a product such as Marine Goop. Can anyone give me more information than that? Such as, is it necessary to have a dam around the transducer and fill it with water? Should the tranducer be covered with Marine Goop? What is a good location for placement on a Malibu Extreme?
HotRod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #2
Handymansd
Ancient Member

The answers to all of your questions about ff mounts and transducers and probably more than you want to know can be found using the search function. There are many many posts re:theses subjects.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
HotRod03

Thanks...I should have thought to do that first.
HotRod03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Grego

My preference on location for the eX is under the seat, nice and flat and always in the water.....that is so long as you have the hatch behind you for easy access and mounting and you don't have a kayatank there....if not then give Andy at OEX sunset beach a call, he's probably done 50 or so of them.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote