Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #1
Gflann

LJ 11/16 w/ new kayak!

First trip with the Vibe Shearwater 125! I had a Cobra Fish N Dive before so this thing is a sweet upgrade. I’ll get into that later since most people on here probably want the fishing report..

Launched at 6am. Ankle biter waves. I think a swell comes in later this week. Water temp varied from 60-64 degrees. Alot of birds and bait.

Six released calicos all on the yoyo.

Pedaled in around 130pm...still some bait boiling on the surface here and there. No big pelagic marks on the FF...looked calico size.

Gotta get better at my live bait game....messed around w/ a dropper loop (braid to fluoro) felt the nibbles but no dice on getting a hook set. Mdt-Fast action rod so there’s some play for the braid. No luck with that or soaking squid on the dropper loops. Lots of nibbles.
Attached Images

Gflann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
jpp9565

Nice set up!
jpp9565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
mrlar13
Junior

Thanks for the report. Was just going to ask the forum if anything was going on out there.
mrlar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #4
papajohn
Junior

nice!!! love my shearwater
papajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #5
aeverett152
Junior

How does the vibe shearwater handle offshore? I am stuck between the Searwater 125 and a Lightning Strike
aeverett152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:27 AM   #6
fishnfoool

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett152 View Post
How does the vibe shearwater handle offshore? I am stuck between the Searwater 125 and a Lightning Strike
Don't get either one of those. Get a hobie with the pedal drives. That way if you don't like it, you can try and resell for more than you paid for it like some other guys on this website.
fishnfoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 09:12 AM   #7
JohnMckroidJr

Thanks for putting up a report. Looks like your new kayak is fully maxed out with gear. Always good to have an alternative mirage drive competition for Hobie. I have heard nothing but good things about the people behind Vibe Kayaks. I won a Vibe cooler a while back, and it is of equivalent quality to my Yeti. I was considering a sponsorship by the local Vibe dealer, but it did not happen -- The initial deliveries of this kayak had many bugs to sort out. Hopefully, yours is serving you well. Congratulations on the new rig.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote