Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
What is that, kelp?!?
Sand Bass party.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #22
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Sand Bass party.
Dang that's an awesome screenshot... I was guessing ! But on second look i saw the zoom haha
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #23
Sheephead

Elite 7ti, super clear sonar and easy to use with many helpful features! I love mine and struggle to tell the difference between GB, spanish, sardines, and everything else when I go back to my hook 5 on the revo.
Sheephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:08 AM   #24
AngryTurtle
Junior

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
AngryTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #25
Gabe213

Quote:
The elite 4 unit is so solid, I'm surprised you say it died. If i were you, I would be sure to completely rewire your power-supply before you install a new unit. That especially includes the battery box if you use one. The majority of issues are caused by faulty PS, or a bad pin on your lowrance PS cable. You'll get a new "red plug" with your new device, but be sure to test your batteries and wiring. I rewire yak and replace SLA batteries every season. Also keep in mind you will be tripling your amps pretty much. Need at least 12v 12ah for a 7ti to work all day.

A lot of times westmarine will just replace shit, when actually the product being replaced was not the issue to begin with. Customer service is so good, maybe too good haha.
I'm an electrician, so yes I tried everything(even bought a new battery). I own two hobie pro anglers and have had problems with this one unit, but thanks for your two cents.
Gabe213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #26
Gabe213

Quote:
The elite 4 unit is so solid, I'm surprised you say it died. If i were you, I would be sure to completely rewire your power-supply before you install a new unit. That especially includes the battery box if you use one. The majority of issues are caused by faulty PS, or a bad pin on your lowrance PS cable. You'll get a new "red plug" with your new device, but be sure to test your batteries and wiring. I rewire yak and replace SLA batteries every season. Also keep in mind you will be tripling your amps pretty much. Need at least 12v 12ah for a 7ti to work all day.

A lot of times westmarine will just replace shit, when actually the product being replaced was not the issue to begin with. Customer service is so good, maybe too good haha.
I tried everything, im an electrician. I own two new pro anglers with the same fish finders, and one is fed-up. But that's for your stupid remark, get a life and have a good night.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #27
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe213 View Post
I tried everything, im an electrician. I own two new pro anglers with the same fish finders, and one is fed-up. But that's for your stupid remark, get a life and have a good night.
Woah! Sorry Gabe wasn't trying to be a jerk. I mean, you did ask for people's opinion on the internet? I'm trying to help...

I mean the answer is simple, the best fishfinder for la jolla is the best one you can afford, which for you sounds like a lot huh? HDS all the way dooood.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:32 AM   #28
YakDout
Brandon

That took a turn. Seemed to me like chris was just trying to help out? How would he know you are an electrician?
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:39 AM   #29
captnblood34

ANYWAYS....

Gabe,

I am setting up a Lowrance Elite 5 ti on the Outback right now. If you've ran the 4 then you certainly know you can work with the 5" if the 7" is out of the price range. As an electrician you'll also know the 5" model will be more forgiving on your battery.

ALSO... Lowrance has a $100 mail in rebate offer for the 5 it-7ti models ( and a few others). So if you buy from west marine, you basically score a free 2 year extended warranty and $40 off the unit! Not bad at all.

J
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #30
Gabe213

Quote:
Woah! Sorry Gabe wasn't trying to be a jerk. I mean, you did ask for people's opinion on the internet? I'm trying to help...

I mean the answer is simple, the best fishfinder for la jolla is the best one you can afford, which for you sounds like a lot huh? HDS all the way dooood.
It's all good brotha, and yes I'm very blessed and thankful. Hard work and long hours let me buy my toys.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:09 AM   #31
da22y

Quote:
Guaranteed that's your problem. Now you gotta get that crap off the face of your skimmer and clean it as well as you can. DON'T use sandpaper on the business end of the skimmer. Ideally you want your transducer in the water, a couple inches or more below the surface. Im guessing you don't have a scupper w a transducer mount...
Yup ! Chris 138 ,
You are right , change the transducer to direct contact to seawater solve 99% of the touch screen problem ( still have system freeze one time).

Have you experience this problem? :
Lost GPS destination direction red line.
When I input waypoint to go to, I got distance to destination, but no
direction red line to follow.
Only after many system shut down/ reboot, I do get those GPS
direction line back.
Thanks
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
chris138
donkey roper

Da22y

Try the hard reset and see if it works.

Old 04-18-2017, 04:14 PM   #33
da22y

Quote:
Da22y

Try the hard reset and see if it works.

It happened to me many times.
Yes, soft/hard reset will resolve most problems I know.
But , am I the only one experience this problem on Elite Ti ?
Never encountered this on my past GPS combo, HDS, Hook, Dragonfly or Garmin, Humminbird....

Thanks
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote