Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Torqeedo Ultralight secret upgrade Electric motor

Thought I would share this with BWE...

This is not a gas vs electric vs human paddle/peddle debate.

So make your own thread if you want to discuss that.

This is an electric Torqeedo thread....Just electrics... we all know we pay a premium for electrics...

I got my Torqeedo ultralight a while back, and I knew that they had a huge drawback.

Fishing line...

The fishing line would get stuck on the propeller and would cut the seals behind the propeller...(sometimes)....motor would flood with water costing you 700 dollar fix.

Knowing this I put a alot of marine glue around every seal nook and cranny... never has a problem.

I was recently investigating what new upgrades Torqeedo had and even emailed them because I was interested on the Travel with the new 915watt battery.....on my pa17t.

I posted pictures of the new upgrades..and I'm pretty sure Hobie played a good part on fixing this issue.

This was Torqeedo response:"The UL403\ eVolve and our commercial Cruise motors were the only ones that we did the line deterrent with. The Travel 503\1003 isn't used around a lot of fishing applications at this time.

You would have to send in the motor to us so we can open the lower unit to change out the caps to the new style and install the brass cap. "

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Raskal311

Did they say how much it cost to upgrade and how long it would take?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
wiredantz

No, but I'm sure you can order the parts yourself but better make sure those of orings are in perfectly. Should cost 100 dollars or less in parts... with shipping

Service_usa@torqeedo.com

You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
Old 04-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #4
Raskal311

I called them maintenance typically around $150 with various parts. Also the motor would go to a local authorized shop not torqeedo. They guy is in Lakewood.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
wiredantz

You can order just the cap at the link below however Torqeedo has a flat rate of $20 for spare parts. In addition the motor should be undated by a service center because if not sealed properly is will then cost $730 for the replacement motor.

http://www.torqeedo.com/us/en-us/pro...006-00100.html

this is the brass cap, that goes behind the shear pin...

i believe this is that helps the fishing line not wrap around and cut the seal...