Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
Matar
I am just me.

Hobie bait tank fix.

Ok.
So i need some help with this, I have only found in one other thread that someone talked about a fix for clogs on the pick up tube. I tried to cover the main opening with a wire screen and i still have problems with it getting cloged by smaller particals that i can not clear on the water or not blocking the hole enough that something else jams the pump.
Please lets see your fixes or tell me about what you have done to fix this problem.

Thank you
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
Chuck D

Just clean your pump after every use, I do it when I break down my gear takes less then a minute.
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
Just clean your pump after every use, I do it when I break down my gear takes less then a minute.
That doesn't help when the eel grass sucks up and bogs down the pump. Nothing like trying to clean your intake loaded down with gear while out on the water. I took a small piece of window screen, covered the intake, wrapped some duck tape around it and about (10) trips later it's still good to go. When the tank empties, scales will build up inside the tube so you'll need to flush the scales out when cleaning up...cheap, cheap...hope this helps.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
fishingfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
That doesn't help when the eel grass sucks up and bogs down the pump. Nothing like trying to clean your intake loaded down with gear while out on the water. I took a small piece of window screen, covered the intake, wrapped some duck tape around it and about (10) trips later it's still good to go. When the tank empties, scales will build up inside the tube so you'll need to flush the scales out when cleaning up...cheap, cheap...hope this helps.
Great idea! I'll be doing the screen trick too.

Not to threadjack, but any thoughts on replacing the pull out switch? I accidentally bumped mine off last week and rolled a tank of bait.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Matar
I am just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
I have the screen and it gets all gumed up with all kinds of crap all the time, the last time it was this jelly like substance that was not to bad but clogged up the screen. Lost most of my bait by the time i got to the kelp.
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote