Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #1
scisports
Junior

3rd voyage on 2019 PA14!

Hello BWE!

Launched at Kellogg’s at 4am, back at 2pm. Hit the barge, still getting a feel for what features I want for the yak. I made some quick pvc extenders for the two rear flush mount holders....

Still learning a ton of procedural stuff on the launching and stowing side. Like rinse off the wheels and flip flops before putting them on the yak . Haven’t busted me or the car yet transporting this beast

Tidal changes were not that great, fishing slowed at slack as expected, but was able to get quality over quantity today.

20 or so fish total, bass trifecta, and a hog wrasse on shrimp. Several more busted off on 8 lb test line, time to respool. Sorry for lack of pics, my iPhone camera is freezing up. Was only able to get the ‘cooler pic’. Largest sandy was 18.5”, smallest is 14.5”. (Sorry the fish pic failed to upload.

If anyone on the forum has rod holders, h rail mounts, or live wells etc that they want to sell, hit me up!

Now it’s time for me to explore other spots! Fish finder is on order, should I just let Fastlane install or DIY?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 73953A3E-6BD5-4303-B716-F1C7FF79BC4A.jpg (77.9 KB, 97 views)

Last edited by scisports; 06-25-2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Pic
scisports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scisports View Post
Hello BWE!

Launched at Kellogg’s at 4am, back at 2pm. Hit the barge, still getting a feel for what features I want for the yak. I made some quick pvc extenders for the two rear flush mount holders....

Still learning a ton of procedural stuff on the launching and stowing side. Like rinse off the wheels and flip flops before putting them on the yak . Haven’t busted me or the car yet transporting this beast

Tidal changes were not that great, fishing slowed at slack as expected, but was able to get quality over quantity today.

20 or so fish total, bass trifecta, and a hog wrasse on shrimp. Several more busted off on 8 lb test line, time to respool. Sorry for lack of pics, my iPhone camera is freezing up. Was only able to get the ‘cooler pic’. Largest sandy was 18.5”, smallest is 14.5”. (Sorry the fish pic failed to upload.

If anyone on the forum has rod holders, h rail mounts, or live wells etc that they want to sell, hit me up!

Now it’s time for me to explore other spots! Fish finder is on order, should I just let Fastlane install or DIY?

Rigging a fish finder is pretty intuitive with the Hobies plus there's plenty of instruction on youtube. It's also good idea to get familiar how things are rigged on your yak if you ever have to troubleshoot.

I'D rig that myself. Check out the for sale section, there's usually some of the stuff you are wanting. I think I saw a guy selling all the parts to DIY a bait tank.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
scisports
Junior

Here’s the fish pic
Old 06-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #4
scisports
Junior

Try again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69ACAEAC-38A0-47B3-B2E1-346B8EC527FA.jpg (124.0 KB, 93 views)