Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-17-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Joctane
H2Okie Fanatic

Hobbies Trax Cart and Live well

After a longer than expected hiatus I'm ready to dust off the PA and get out and put in some hours on the water. It's actually been a couple of years since I've been on the water. In regards to launching at LJ, now that the launch is destroyed, I've been reading a lot of posts about people having to lug their gear from the parking lot. This may be a dumb question but it's something I haven't had to encounter before as I've never used my Hobie Trax cart before, since I used to drive right onto the sand. What does everyone due with the cart if the scupper holes it's usually inserted into is being occupied by the bait tank? Remove wheels and stow in front hatch? Or just bungee on the back deck behind bait tank. Any advice would be appreciated. Looking forward to seeing some of you on the water.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:11 AM   #2
Zfish03

When I'm lazy or have a really long hike I bungee the wheels in back. But usually I just walk back and put them in my car. Less weight and bulk on the yak the better in my opinion, stuff does add up, especially after adding an additional 30+ pounds on the water Plus it's one more thing to accidently give to Davey jones
Zfish03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #3
dmrides

Its been a while, but if memory serves me, I would put the cart in the scuppers forward of the bait tank in the middle of the hull. It balances the load much better and it much easier to wheel around.

Then I would lock my wheels on the big wood post fence by the launch with a bike cable lock. If you do, make sure you consider where the high tide water line will be.

Next I would go slay some fish. Or something like that. Now get out there and make some memories!!

Last edited by dmrides; 02-18-2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: don't forget about high tide
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
bolocop

Bungee one wheel in the back and call it done.
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
Joctane
H2Okie Fanatic

Thanks fellas!