Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-30-2020, 04:06 PM   #1
good vibes
Junior

lowrance transducer install

I want to get a Lowrance elite 7 Ti2 with active imaging 3-in 1 tranducer for my 2014 hobie revo 13 with lowrance ready plate. When I look at amazon website for BerleyPro Lowrance Totalscan Transducer Mount it says will not fit Lowrance tripleshot transducers.
Does anyone know if this would work or not?
Any other solutions for installation or will I need different transducer alltogether.
I don't want to install transducer outside of hull.
Any suggestions if HDI transducer vs Active Imaging™ 2-in-1 + Mid/High Skimmer as alternative transducers.
Thanks for any help/input
good vibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #2
LEEZO

Cruise over to West Marine in Point Loma and talk to Rollie if you don't find your answers here. He will be happy to break this down for you as he sold me the same unit.
LEEZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
TCS

I have a regular 83/200 transducer and It works fine with my elite ti 2. I’m curious if all the new bells and whistles that lowrance has introduced are really any better for fishing La Jolla.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
TJones

Hobie covers

Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1CA8A9F3-0594-4E3E-8F9E-79B533824568.jpg (43.7 KB, 69 views)
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
TJones

Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by good vibes View Post
I want to get a Lowrance elite 7 Ti2 with active imaging 3-in 1 tranducer for my 2014 hobie revo 13 with lowrance ready plate. When I look at amazon website for BerleyPro Lowrance Totalscan Transducer Mount it says will not fit Lowrance tripleshot transducers.
Does anyone know if this would work or not?
Any other solutions for installation or will I need different transducer alltogether.
I don't want to install transducer outside of hull.
Any suggestions if HDI transducer vs Active Imaging™ 2-in-1 + Mid/High Skimmer as alternative transducers.
Thanks for any help/input
I purchased the Triple shot transducer cover from BerleyPro which will fit the totalscan transdcuer. I was not happy with the product because it actually made the the transducer sit father under the kayak hull allowing it to drag more. After a few beach launches I almost wore a hole in the new cover. I reverted back to the originally supplied plate that came with my kayak. I would not recommend the BerleyPro cover. By the way, the lowrance ready plate that came with the 2014 model year is different than 2017 plate. The newer plate is cut out to allow the totalscan transducer to fit. I would recommend the newer cover with the totalscan transducer as your best option. I also have the newer 3-1 transducer and I could not get it to install properly, at least not without trying to modify the cover. I believe what deterred me from trying to mount the 3-1 transducer was the fact that it would sit farther out under the hull. This is a bad idea and will destroy your transducer in no time. Look into purchasing the head unit barebones if possible and and pair it up with the totalscan transducer. Either that or upgrade to the new guardian transducer plate. . I believe this to be one of the best lowrance combinations that you could run. Hope this information helps.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
TJones

check out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS View Post
I have a regular 83/200 transducer and It works fine with my elite ti 2. I’m curious if all the new bells and whistles that lowrance has introduced are really any better for fishing La Jolla.
Youtube video from russelmarineproducts. He explains the main differences between all the latest transducers. He says it is really a noticeable difference on the downscan beam.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #7
good vibes
Junior

thanks for the answers. The totalscan transducer looks similar to 3 in 1 but likely different sizes.
I don't think guardian transducer plate will fit on my revo 13
good vibes is offline   Reply With Quote