Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
roby
CEO of Team Roby

Last Bait & Last Drop

Short report:

I caught a 28lb yellow tail and 50lb white seabass.

Longer report:

1) I went south at the end of June and fished for roughly 12 hours. I had lost two yellowtail to the kelp and was extremely frustrated and exhausted as well. On my last bait while heading in and calling it a day I got hit while trolling a mack. The fight lasted 20 minutes and in the last portion of it the yt looked like it was heading for some kelp; it nearly broke my spirit with its last pull. It was an awesome battle and I still remember every second of it.....

* Two BWE members gave me their last two macks before heading in. If it wasn't for their generosity I never would of had the chance at this fish....thanks again.

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Y_ABaTr6Q

2) I went north for the WSB. Earlier in July I was able to get my first legal WSB ever. The morning bite was good, but I was not able to connect on a WSB. The initial flurry of bites eventually died off and once again I was frustrated at a lost opportunity. As a group, we decided to head in to the beach and gave ourselves 15 minutes to fish a little more and break down our gear. I then saw the biggest mark on my fishfinder. Of course I dropped my white jig and squid down - bam! My first WSB....

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXTBxvenbEk

Last edited by lambadmin; 07-16-2012 at 09:03 PM. Reason: embed video
roby is offline   Reply With Quote