Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
steveooo

Free Kayak Storage Box

Might be a long shot, but I have a free box for storing a yak outside. In my old place I had no garage, so I built a box to try to save it from the sun. I think its 15' X 3' X 2', let me know if you are actually interested, and i"ll measure to make sure. I used to store my outback in it, then my adventure in it, but it was too short for the adventure, so I cut a 1.5' X 1.5' hole in the ass end, and added enough box to hold the longer yak. It is carpeted on the inside bottom, and inside backside. Couple of hinges, some silicone, and some garage weather stripping made it water tight then, but no guarantees now. Its probably 7 years old now, so its not as pretty as it was in the pics, but it still serves its purpose. You pick up, probably need a flatbed because it would fall apart in the back of a pick-up truck. Located in Pomona. I doubt anyone would actually want it, but in the odd event that you have a need for it, it's yours.

I'm going to scrap it in a week or so, so if you want it, speak now or forever regret the day that you could have owned a piece of kayak history

steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
Grego

Steveoooooo....I plan on camping/fishing up in bishop in a couple weeks..can you drop it off at my site?
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

If Grego doesnt want it, I'll take it. I was thinking of building a kayak rack for my side yard, to stack my kayaks. That would be a good base.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
Grego

Oh no, if you need it Chris by all means jump on it! I was making a funny...could use it as firewood at the camp site.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
erinoo

Hey Steve..it looks like a place to store"dead" kayaks...but what ever works...used to use boxes similar to that back in the day to put unclaimed deadins in then burried em up on boot hill...
erinoo is online now   Reply With Quote