Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
janines.fishtales@cox.net

Hello all, been a long time...

Hey guys. Happy New Year to everyone in the kayak fishing world. Been a long time since I've been on this site. I have realized while fishing from a kayak is amazing, I prefer a boat.

I am moving to Arizona and rediscovering my LMB roots. I am eyeing a Tracker Bass boat right now. So that is what I have been doing. So my poor kayak sits...

I am looking to sell my 2011 Revo, fully loaded and ready to fish. Question:

How does one determine what to ask as a fair price for their little gem? I don't want to insult but I do know it has been taken care of and has lots to offer...

Janine
Old 01-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
goldenglory18

Where abouts are you moving too? I'm from Tucson and have chased those stupid green fish all over AZ. Lot's of great fishing all over the state!

Where are you looking at boats? The big dealers in AZ are the big-box-outdoor stores, but there are a bunch of boats resold via the internet. PM me if you want some leads on sites, forums, or fb groups.

Either way, good luck in your adventure!
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
TJones

Dang

the community is gonna miss you. safe travels.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
TJones

what year?

[QUOTE=janines.fishtales@cox.net;273477]Hey guys. Happy New Year to everyone in the kayak fishing world. Been a long time since I've been on this site. I have realized while fishing from a kayak is amazing, I prefer a boat.

I am moving to Arizona and rediscovering my LMB roots. I am eyeing a Tracker Bass boat right now. So that is what I have been doing. So my poor kayak sits...

I am looking to sell my 2011 Revo, fully loaded and ready to fish. Question:

How does one determine what to ask as a fair price for their little gem? I don't want to insult but I do know it has been taken care of and has lots to offer...

Janine whoops. got ahead of post
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #5
cabojohn
PROBATION

What part of AZ?
Some of the very best paddles for me / peddles (for some)have been on the the Colorado River & Lake Havasu. It's fantastic from the kayak out there!!
Even though you are looking at a bass boat...you might really enjoy your yak too.

Or good luck with your sale.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #6

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabojohn View Post
What part of AZ?
Some of the very best paddles for me / peddles (for some)have been on the the Colorado River & Lake Havasu. It's fantastic from the kayak out there!!
Even though you are looking at a bass boat...you might really enjoy your yak too.

Or good luck with your sale.
You guys are making me re-think things...

J
Old 01-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
goldenglory18

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
You guys are making me re-think things...

J
I said it in a PM and I'll say it now..... get a kayak in AZ! It's FANTASTIC paddling waters!
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:18 AM   #8
PapaDave

Where have you been anyway? Haven't seen a post in awhile.

Lake Havasu has some good bass fishing, large and small mouth, as well as striped bass. Lake Mead as well. Both are very large and would take a lifetime to explore in a kayak.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #9

Boat person

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
Where have you been anyway? Haven't seen a post in awhile.

Lake Havasu has some good bass fishing, large and small mouth, as well as striped bass. Lake Mead as well. Both are very large and would take a lifetime to explore in a kayak.
Hi Dave,

I guess I've gone and become a boat person. Love fishing out of the kayak but I am so much more comfy on a boat. I have a nice little boat available to me for the bay, and I will soon be in the process for a new bass boat for AZ. Still... not sure if I want to get rid of the yak. It's so handy... I'm excited to explore AZ for fishing though.

Janine
Old 01-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
hook1fred

I hear what your saying... I love fishing from my PA but fishing for freshwater bass a bass boat is optimal. I do a lot of running and gunning looking for the best areas holding active fish and doing that from a yak would be very difficult if not impossible on a large body of water like Havasu.
My green fish machine
IMG_2900.jpg
hook1fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:52 AM   #11

Both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hook1fred View Post
I hear what your saying... I love fishing from my PA but fishing for freshwater bass a bass boat is optimal. I do a lot of running and gunning looking for the best areas holding active fish and doing that from a yak would be very difficult if not impossible on a large body of water like Havasu.
My green fish machine
Attachment 20737
Wow, she's real purrrrty! I am looking at a new Tracker Pro 175. In a perfect world, I would keep my yak too. But let's face it: 1- it will sit in the garage, 2- that's few less hours of OT I have to work to buy the boat, and 3- my wife will kill me if I keep a yak and a boat!

J
Old 01-05-2017, 04:18 AM   #12
Deamon

Hey Janine,

I always appreciated your good spirit and posts! Best of luck to you and don't forget about nighttime for those big cats...

Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 07:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Hey Janine,

I always appreciated your good spirit and posts! Best of luck to you and don't forget about nighttime for those big cats...

Jim
Thank you Sir... I'll be here for a while though. Although we bought our home in Pine Az, I am still here working to pay for a bass boat before retiring! Probably be leaving CA in about a year. So plenty of time to get back into kayak fishing!

J