Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
kareem korn

LJ 9/15 and Friend pops his cherry

Short story: 1 12lb tail, 1 lost

Long story:
Brought my friend out again for another try. Planned on the flat kind all week. Changed plans while making bait.
Arrived at the shores @ 5am. Picked up enough green candy to fill my tank, bait tube, friends tank and tube in about 1/2 hr. Long paddle out. I felt bad for my friend, but I was OAM to a certain spot, and knew it was his best chance to get his first yellow. I really wanted to put him on one of these. Out at the fishy site @ by 7am. Dropped one pole for halibut, and one in the mid column. After a few hit/misses, I look over to see my friend grabbing for his screaming reel. Talked him thru setting the hook, and he was on his first ever yellow. Did'nt hardly need any advice, cause he was doing everything just the way we discussed it on the drive down. Within 10min the fish was hanging from the meathook and pictures were taken. . Losta laughter and high fives. We set up againg and start another drift. Within 15min he's thumbing another. Rod loads up and he sets the hook and is on again. This time getting his first tow job. I never seen a smile so big, so I snapped acouple pics before lending a hand with a gaff to the melon. "That's it he says, my arms hurt, I got eough meat, I'm headed in". It's 10am by the way. So he starts in. Within 10min, my reel starts singing, and I'm on. On the deck within 10min. Threw back out, got about 100yds and am picked up again. Lost after aprox 10min into the fight. Cleared the lines and headed in. Again, nice day. I'm as stoked for my friend as I was for my son's first. Really fun seeing someone experience the power of these fish for the first time.
The first two pics are me, and the other two are of Tom

Water 69-79deg.
Little to no wind until around 10am than lite wind.
Little chop at times, but mostly glass
Slight south current
Water Visability, maybe 10-15 ft

-Tim-

kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
madscientist

Nice! But where is the 12lb-er? :lol:
Old 09-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Dan

Congrats to you both.....and tell your friend thanks for the two perfect greenies he gave me on the beach. I gave them the scenic tour of La Jolla from 11-2pm. One got a little scratched up but he'll be OK.

Bonies on the iron here and there, otherwise managed to dodge the yellows.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:01 AM   #4
ibbeerbum
Junior

nice fish

Those were nice fish. Thenks for the help pusinh me out of the loose sand. :D
ibbeerbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
kareem korn

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscientist
Nice! But where is the 12lb-er? :lol:

Aight...............streached............
Lernt that from my dad
kareem korn is offline   Reply With Quote