Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Chuck D

Patience

SO, amongst all the talk about launching/crashing and being safe, overly safe not safe enough I decided to make a video of my launch yesterday. I truly believe that if you have a reasonable sense about you, you know when to launch or not launch. I also feel that taking chances to loose $1000 or more of gear is just plain stupid. I have only turned away twice in my life and am happy I did. Through much experience, yesterday was not the worst I have been in, but how far the waves were crashing out and the ripping current, definitely did not make me dive head first into the surf. Patience, the title of this video shows how sometimes it takes a while to find your gap and it is certainly worth it. Through paddle surfers, scuba divers and googins with lattes telling me where to launch I eventually made it out safe, took a while. The waves were medium 2-5 but crashing far and from my experience this is not a good scenario if you get caught out there with crashers on top of you. Enjoy the vid, oh and by the way, fish report. Caught one sculpin, wave/wind sucked but saws miles of bait and one YT boil, overall brutal day. Tight lines.

Chuck D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89r9xXF_jX8
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote