Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 09-22-2005, 02:42 AM   #1
Baggard
Baggard

first yellows this year

well I got to the beach (lajolla) about ten thirty and I was getting ready to go out and I see a guy comming in so I asked him if he cought anything and he tells me the only reason he came in was that he saw a BIG shark circling him just after he cought a yellowtail and he was about to blead it out when he sees a fin about three feet out of the water about forty yards away he said he thout it was maby a whale at first glance but it was just crusing adn it circled him two bor three times so he got a good look at it. he then tossed the fish back so the sharks attention would hopfully be on the fish not him and he then came strait in. thats when I saw him and it was real foggy, so im sure that paddle in was a spooky one. He posts on this board and I hope he post a first had story so It will give some credit to this one. But I was going out any way because my friend was out and I was supposed to meet him at the corner. well I never made It to the corner as when I got past the bouy it was looking real fishy so I started throwing iron and the birds moved in and so did the yellows I soon had a fish on that I lost and countless boils on the iron and a few hookups landed one lost a few to the kelp and then landed another , got one bigger one through the kelp only to have it cought about six feet down in a kelp stringer I had a fellow kayaker hold the pole while I dove down with a knife to kut the kelp and get the fish. but when I reached the fish it was goon. ral scetchy swimming with the Jaws theam in my head but all said I went home with two fish about thirteen lbs each.
Baggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 07:04 AM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Keep your toes out of the water and your camera ready!