Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
jsigone

Tideland 5/20...maiden voyage

My 1st outing with my new to me Stealth 14. Trying to keep it easy, no FF, no battery, bait tank was used for storing my plastic combos.

Got out about 10am as the Bay Bridge walk was ending and lot was clearing out. Tried to fish around the boat w/o a bite so headed to the bridge. First pass through 5-11 I didn't get a hit at all on my 4" halloween FT. Switched to a peach/pink one since the water was pretty clear, still 4" then 3rd cast got my first bite but I was slow on the reaction. Combed the area and got hits on every cast, they liked this color but couldn't hook a darn thing. Switched down to 3" of the same color then started landed them. Lots of small ones,not even legals but still fun to catch. Then around #11 I got slammed by a runner which turned out to be the biggest of the day. Stuck around to about 1:30 then paddled back in. Total spotty count was 17 all C&R. Boat handle the large wake waves pretty well, got to speed really nice and cruising speed seemed faster then my OK scrambler I had 5yrs ago. Good to be on the water and fishin again :mrgreen:

Coronado bay bridge by jsigone, on Flickr

Spotty bass from Tidelands by jsigone, on Flickr
jsigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
kobra

Congrats on a very successful maiden voyage.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
blitzburgh

Way to go!
Old 05-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
mtnbykr2

conrats on the maiden voyage, you picked a great place to start, I hope to get back there here pretty quick
Old 05-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
xpresso2am

Congrats on the first time out on the new yak! Fishing is great in that area! Have fun!
xpresso2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
jsigone

thanks!! It was defiantly fun to get on the water and I can trust the boat won't take on water (my biggest concern when buying a used kayak).

Anyone know how crazy Mission bay gets on Memorial Day weekend? Thinking there next week but don't want to get buzzed by jet skis all day or try Tidelands again.
jsigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
raffman55

Just say NO to Memorial Day on MB or Shelter Island. Tidelands early, or Pepper Park will have a lot less traffic.