Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 02-08-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Gigafish

Carrillo report

Got out to the launch about 9:50am. Extreme fog then 10 minutes later it cleared up. Got out to the bait barge to see all of the bait cages stacked up. I wasn’t able to fish as I was rigged up for bait. Nice peddle out to the light house and a cool paddle back in. Nice to get a little sunshine. Should be foggy for Sunday.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
GregAndrew

You must mean Cabrillo? They pull the tanks for cleaning every year in the winter. And they don't always have bait that you might want. Always carry a Sabiki for backup.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Finngo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
You must mean Cabrillo? They pull the tanks for cleaning every year in the winter. And they don't always have bait that you might want. Always carry a Sabiki for backup.
+1

Finngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
SoCalEDC

Quote:
Agreed, I don't think I've ever not been able to make at least 3-4 grunion/smelt out there within 200 yards of the beach.
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:35 PM   #5
jorluivil

Quote:

I can't recall exactly how long its been but its safe to say that I have only purchased bait once maybe twice in at least 6+ years, that includes the times that I fished Cabrillo. You can usually find bait along the ledges, in the shipping lanes or right near the light house.

Don't get all worked up and go out and buy a sabiki rod, just go out and pick up a few sabikis, get a small bait casting rod and a light reel and you're good to go.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote