Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-22-2022, 04:54 AM   #1
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

MakoBob

Been 2 years since my amigo MakoBob passed away. Sure do miss his visits to Asuncion and his hospitality at Makoville.

From 2 years ago:

I was given some shocking news this morning. My very dear friend Robert Moore AKA Makobob passed away during the night. Reports are that he seemed perfectly healthy yesterday and the police and coroner had not arrived at Makoville as of this writing.
Bob and I became friends sharing our love for kayak fishing in Southern California some 10 or 12 years ago. He accompanied me on my first trip to Bahia Asuncion about 7 and a half years ago and has been a frequent visitor here. He was a survivor of so many physical and medical challenges including complications of Agent Orange exposure, 2 below the knee amputations, and diabetes and yet he remained the most positive individual you will ever run across. Descansa en paz amigo.

94121950_3248956258494537_6772642283050237952_n.jpg
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:32 PM   #2
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Been 2 years since my amigo MakoBob passed away. Sure do miss his visits to Asuncion and his hospitality at Makoville.

From 2 years ago:

I was given some shocking news this morning. My very dear friend Robert Moore AKA Makobob passed away during the night. Reports are that he seemed perfectly healthy yesterday and the police and coroner had not arrived at Makoville as of this writing.
Bob and I became friends sharing our love for kayak fishing in Southern California some 10 or 12 years ago. He accompanied me on my first trip to Bahia Asuncion about 7 and a half years ago and has been a frequent visitor here. He was a survivor of so many physical and medical challenges including complications of Agent Orange exposure, 2 below the knee amputations, and diabetes and yet he remained the most positive individual you will ever run across. Descansa en paz amigo.

Attachment 29206

My condolences. I never met the man, but based on BWE archives he was an incredible individual who generously contributed to the SoCal kayak fishing community. Even his last BWE post a month prior was about sharing and helping:

"Guys will get to fish areas without tons of fishing pressure. I would camp out on the beaches and Island. My rowboat "Second Wind" will carry supplies, a water maker, camping gear, and cook gear and act as a support boat. Yes, radios for safety and a small outboard motor for emergencies. Still lots of planning to do."

Sad that this trip never happened. It sure does not sound like someone who was worried about dying? It must have been a huge shock to receive the news of his death. Was there ever an autopsy? What became of Makoville? I know of the Makoville via Tony Parks youtube channel -- RIP Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KJffda2DcQ09Wu

Two awesome BWE members lost in two years. Sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Robert aka Makobob
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 01:24 AM   #3
stevie951
Lurker

Robert Moore

I'm nearly going to hit the 30 year mark this July.. Young Lad i will admit but to my growth i must attribute much of that to Mako.. October on the Fly to endless flatties in San Quintin Mako knew how to inspire.. Got my GOES/Sentri because of this man along with Roosters, Groupers.. the list is endless.. Danny the Diver is still likely on this thread and can hopefully chime in as to the man Mako was that half of us to most will never be..
Even had Tortuaga soup from Clemetina (poor dude got caught in the tide line on the sand) along with many other speciailties of hers not to mention those fresh crisp harina tortillas... Rest in paridise mako.. Un Sopresa awaits you endlessly brotha..

always loved reading your excerpts still search them on the site from time to time... thanks for the relationships you helped me establish.. Kai,, Puka,, SD Rob, Rossman, shit Andy at OEX was a friend with you etc... Let the good times roll

Wish we could get his end wishes seen through and his place at La Polma opened up for all as he wished seen.. His Kayaks and Gregor operated by whomever as long as they respected and replensished... Too bad that had to be taken away by a key player and is now pay to play... **COUGH DAVE SIVAK COUGH** Mako Bob would be so upset to see the currnet state of affairs..

Rest in Paradise Mako.. As to Makoville... time will tell brother
PS, Rossman,, I'll be headed to Asuncion soon.. expect to hear from me let me know what you need delivery status

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13

Last edited by stevie951; 04-24-2022 at 02:20 AM.
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:08 AM   #4
monstahfish

Bob was truly a great friend and the kind of guy I could listen to talk about almost anything for hours. Every time I would check in on him in the hospital he would have the most positive attitude and chat my ear off about getting back to Makoville. I think I'll be making a sojourn this fall to pay tribute properly. Tight lines my friends and be sure to enjoy every bit of what life can offer as Bob taught us.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:48 AM   #5
FoodGeekFish

Thanks to Mike (Scales) for the video

https://www.facebook.com/1215264161/...3505232198349/
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:08 AM   #6
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Rip...Bob

What a beautiful spirit. Glad I got to meet you.
Don't think BWE will ever be the same with out you.
You were the glue.
Thank you for your services.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:44 AM   #7
Mahigeer

Quote:
Too bad that had to be taken away by a key player and is now pay to play... **COUGH DAVE SIVAK COUGH** Mako Bob would be so upset to see the currnet state of affairs..
I wonder how much of his property in Mexico got to his wife?

How much of his boats, kayaks, new house, sale of the old place, etc.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 04-27-2022 at 08:58 AM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:41 AM   #8
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Bob was a great guy...He is missed! Fish on Bob!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #9
monstahfish

I'm not Dave's favorite person and he isn't mine but that's a cheap shot. Firstly, Bob had always intended on renting the new house. I don't know what's gone down with you guys but Bob offered the place to me first and he understood I didn't have the money to float it without charging people and he was ok with it. In addition to that, there were people who took advantage of Bob's generosity and would abuse his equipment and the fees were going to go towards maintenance and the annual costs. I highly doubt Dave is making a profit or keeping Bob's widow from anything. Let's keep this civil and remember a great guy who we all loved spending time with.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:25 AM   #10
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
I'm not Dave's favorite person and he isn't mine but that's a cheap shot. Firstly, Bob had always intended on renting the new house. I don't know what's gone down with you guys but Bob offered the place to me first and he understood I didn't have the money to float it without charging people and he was ok with it. In addition to that, there were people who took advantage of Bob's generosity and would abuse his equipment and the fees were going to go towards maintenance and the annual costs. I highly doubt Dave is making a profit or keeping Bob's widow from anything. Let's keep this civil and remember a great guy who we all loved spending time with.
You're absolutely right, there were some who took advantage of his generosity.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #11
Mahigeer

I agree that Bob should have charged more. I used to tell him not to forget to mention the water fee to the group.

Charging rent for the house is also fine as far as I am concerned.

My question about his wife was due to the fact that I never saw her in Baja.
I met her at his house in SD.

I don't know how much she knew about his assets.

Hope all is well with her under these circumstances.
Old 04-29-2022, 04:28 AM   #12
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Bob and his wife had split well before his death. Not sure of the exact timing but it was finalized before his second below the knee amputation. His half ownership of the house and his other possessions was willed to his paramour Ana.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #13
Mahigeer

Thanks for the information.