Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
zenspearo

I posted a post-action report on the F&G Comm. MLPA mtg on Mar. 3rd. 2010

From Spearboard.

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=100897

Thank you to all kayakfishermen who showed up. Paul L., Chris Fierro (who swings both ways..--I mean both kayakfishing and spearing), Tyler, Grego, and oh damn, my mind is tired and shutting down.... Been an 18-hour day.

Suffice it to say that you all rock.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:57 AM   #2
habanero

Thanks Joe and all the Spearfishing clan for taking the long drive and sticking it out all day. It was good to see you fighting for us again, and again. I had the very distinct feeling that things would have gone much worse had we not shown up in reasonable force to defend our position.
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
MVC

Thanks for your support Joe. All I can say is that I will never spend another dime in Laguna.
MVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
stairman

how about a promise to never vote for the party most associated with radical environmentalists......

If you don't know who I am talking about you are probably one of them..
stairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:34 AM   #5
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenspearo View Post
Chris Fierro (who swings both ways..--I mean both kayakfishing and spearing),

hahaha!

Joe, my friend, good seeing you and the spearfishing nation again, and all our kayakers. We have to keep up our commitment, beacuse we have come a long way, and are almost to the end of this long battle.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
FISHIONADO

I was very sorry to miss this meeting, I had a personal family issue that I could not avoid. Thanks so much to the spearos and kayakers that represented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stairman View Post
how about a promise to never vote for the party most associated with radical environmentalists......

If you don't know who I am talking about you are probably one of them..
I'm one of the people you call the enemy (I switched parties in 2006). I'd like to know how your party helped us in this effort. Let's take it to PM to spare the masses from a political discussion. Maybe we could post a summary if it's entertaining. :-)
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #7
Grego

Nice seeing you as always Joe! Great presentation!

I was stunned the way they had come after PV....unfortunately I had already ceded my time. Won't happen again without me being able to comment. A formal letter will be shot off.

Grego
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #8
Billy V

Thank You everyone who represented at this meeting. I had a commitment that prevented me from attending, but watched as much as I could on c-span.

The Video clips were very effective evidence. They boxed some BRTF members in, and exposed the lies they told to Commissioner Dan Richards. Lets hope some legal action comes of this.

The presentations were pointed and impressive - but regardless of how well they hit the mark it all came down to the last 10 seconds of the meeting when the 3:2 Vote went against our wants and needs.

Its obvious that Mike Sutton bends over for Meg Caldwell. He read a prewritten motion to send forward only the IPA Map for evaluation. When countered with an amendment from Commissioner Kellog to include the Fishermans Map - Work Group 2 Map for evaluation as well, Mike Sutton refused to budge.

Commissioner Dan Richards was also in support of forwards ALL the Maps - so they could be evaluated Equally - but again Mike Sutton is Meg Caldwells counterpart in this scheme and will continue her bad work.

Commissioner Rogers seems to have gotten his panties in a bunch as well, as he was also captured being less that impartial toward this process. I truly believe he is a tormented woman trapped in a mans body. His gestures and temperament tell the real story . (FU Jag-Off)

Its my opinion that D. Benninhoven has passed away some time in the last year, and they have replaced his blood with embalming fluid and prop him Up for these meetings. The voice you hear from his corps is akin to an Obama Binladen Video Tape - The guy is just not there.

Thats the way I saw it on C-span. It was the 1st. time in a year I didn't march around that fkun room with high blood pressure. Instead I watched/ and cursed their families from home.

Thank You for your well placed shots yesterday - now look for, and further assist Commissioner Richards, and Kellog with their investigation with BRTF Lies and Video Tape.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #9
robmandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post
Its my opinion that D. Benninhoven has passed away some time in the last year, and they have replaced his blood with embalming fluid and prop him Up for these meetings. The voice you hear from his corps is akin to an Obama Binladen Video Tape - The guy is just not there.

I missed the ending. left after my presentation. got there at 7:30 to get an early speaking spot. and damn, was I early.

great to see you guys again. the process is so f****d it isn't even funny. how they could accept anything from the brtf is amazing.

let's keep the pressure on. letters, emails, and even more importantly, we need to write letters to the editor, etc. get the larger public informed.

to all my friends, again

robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Sorry to have missed it...been awhile since I've had my dose of bull$hit.

Thanks Joe for the report and for your hard work, along with Tyler, Chris, and all you others that went and had to deal with the same manipulative efforts, the conflicts of interest and in general, the lies.

I'm thinking we should do another Kayak/Spearfish tournament to raise awareness...at Laguna Beach...

And I am serious...maybe we can set up a fish cleaning station for afterwards, you know, to make sure we give back to the ocean that which we harvested...fish tacos, anyone?

Just make sure you buy everything you need before getting to Laguna.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy V View Post

There were numerous times during the meeting that I noticed him just sitting there, with his mouth agape, not moving at all. I almost felt compelled to run up front and hold a mirror to his nose to see if he was still alive. I would have done it, but I figured the DFG wardens would probably taze me.

"Don, Don, are you all right? Don!...........................AAAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhh hhhhhh! Don't taze me, Bro!"

Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
GregAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Sorry to have missed it...been awhile since I've had my dose of bull$hit.

Thanks Joe for the report and for your hard work, along with Tyler, Chris, and all you others that went and had to deal with the same manipulative efforts, the conflicts of interest and in general, the lies.

I'm thinking we should do another Kayak/Spearfish tournament to raise awareness...at Laguna Beach...

And I am serious...maybe we can set up a fish cleaning station for afterwards, you know, to make sure we give back to the ocean that which we harvested...fish tacos, anyone?

I am in for that tourney. Can we launch from the tide pools? Return with full tanks of bait fish, cause there is "none there anymore". And feed it to those poor "starving Sea Lions" that are washing up on the beach by the hundreds. On second thought, lets find the bait balls and call up the local bait company, and take our paintball guns for some target practice.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #13
PAL

Many, many thanks to those who gave up another precious day of their lives to the MLPA grinder.

Your commitment and dedication to our freedoms, this sport, and what is just and right is awe inspiring.

As tough as it is, we have to continue this effort to the bitter end. The other side came hard, pushing for more, More, MORE, and doing it via lies and misinformation. We called them on it, and then some.

Yesterday the BRTF and Commission were exposed for all to see. Don't give up now! Crank up the letter campaign, and be sure to let friendly legislators know that 3 commission members condone unethical behavior and worse. More later.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #14
bellcon

Personally
Tuesday was a great day
and
Wednesday sucked

Dedicating 14 hours to the commission meeting just about took all the life out of me.

I just wish Rodgers would have tried to cut me off...

"Rave on"...

Thanks to those who have gave blood yesterday, and in the past.
T-man, I would join you,
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #15
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I think Reptile Dude's comments to Commissioner Rogers summed it all up.

"You don't scare me. You're a puppet!"
Old 03-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #16
so cal shaggy

Thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday, I was glad to see so many of you I was also glad almost everyone spoke instead of just ceding time that was a good move on our part rather than have 3 or 4 guys get up and speak with ceded time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post

Funny you should mention that because on April 24 is the kelp festival in Laguna as one of the Laguna locals stated in the meeting yesterday and they will be sending divers out into the waters off Laguna to take photos and I seem to recall that there was talk of a kayak/spearfishing gathering scheduled that same weekend in that area what a coincidence the two events are scheduled for the same weekend.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal shaggy View Post
Funny you should mention that because on April 24 is the kelp festival in Laguna as one of the Laguna locals stated in the meeting yesterday and they will be sending divers out into the waters off Laguna to take photos and I seem to recall that there was talk of a kayak/spearfishing gathering scheduled that same weekend in that area what a coincidence the two events are scheduled for the same weekend.
Ready the Jig Sticks, sharpen your Spears and Tridents, amass your arsenal of seal bombs (they are legal) and slingshots.

Bring Food - and BBQ's - and Radios - and Bring your upper or lower Middle Class azz there and proudly use the resource your tax dollars pay for.

Bring your cameras, and your scales to weigh your catch. Clean your fish, cook your fish, eat your fish.

The site of you simple existing in "their" area is enough to sicken "them"

So wear your funny lookin fishin clothes you stinky bastards, and show up to celebrate

I grew up in Hell - you'll never beat me
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #18
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal shaggy View Post
Yes, yes...I heard talk of this gathering, cuz I am sure the city of Laguna "if you drop something in Laguna Beach, be sure to kick it to Dana Point before you bend over and pick it up" Beach would not allow any type of tournament...on the other hand, what a coinkadink it would be if a bunch of spearos/yakkers all showed up the same day to feed themselves...

Nothing wrong about that...oh, and Jeff, I like the way you think...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher

Last edited by Tman; 03-05-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
herbo

Thanks Joe for all the work you did yesterday! I know this may sound kinda chicken $hit, but I had to go to a supv. class( missed a few last year to go to fight the MLPeeA ). I'll attend the next sessions for sure, you (or someone else) just post when and where, thanks again.....H