Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Surf Class this Sunday

RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 1

OK so it seems with all the crashes I am reading about perhaps it is time to do one of our Surf Safety and paddle skills classes.

Here is a description of the class as it is posted on my web site

Surf Safety and Paddle Skills Class
We see more and more people that get into kayak fishing go head first into the sport without learning the proper skills to keep them safe or to just paddle efficiently.
More gear is lost or damaged, and more people run into trouble in the surf zone than any other area in kayaking. For that reason we are offering a three-hour surf survival, paddle and safety skills class in San Diego.
We will teach you the proper techniques needed to launch and land a loaded kayak through the surf. This is not a surfing class we are not interested in catching waves, what we want is to get our expensive fishing gear to and from the fishing grounds intact. Catching waves at times in unavoidable and we will teach you how to handle that situation when it arises. We also cover proper paddling techniques and many safety aspects involved in kayak fishing such as self rescue, how to empty a flooded kayak while on the water and many other things every kayaker should know.
This is truly one of the more fun classes we do so be prepared to have a great time and learn a lot. After this class you will be intimately familiar with your kayak and you will be ready to tackle any situation.
Fee is $75 per person with a minimum of three people and a maximum of eight.
The $75 fee is a lot less then all the gear you will lose without learning how to do this right.

Class this Sunday 7:00 am at the boat launch.
Please give me a call to reserve a spot. The water is chilly so wear a wetsuit if you have one.

619-461-7172

I have taught 100's of people to handle their kayaks in the surf and I guarantee after taking this class you will be much more comfortable on your kayak in the surf zone.
Soon we will have you doing this.
JimSammons.com

Last edited by Jim Sammons LJKF; 04-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote