Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #81
Tandem Assassin

Who Cares. I like Intel of All Kinds

Anyone who has been a member of BWE for 4-10 years have seen kayaker's grow from paddle power to pedal power, then possibly a aluminum skiff or Solo Skiff and then a center console if within their budget.

I am one of those who got a CC and my post were always welcome as it was a source of intel for my fellow friends. I remember when the Blue-fin came within 1 mile of the San Clemente pier and I posted a picture and Iceman was out there the next day trying his luck.

If you don't like a post or feel it doesn't belong go to the next post. Live and let live. Be an example - life is to short...
Tandem Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:41 AM   #82
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem Assassin View Post
Anyone who has been a member of BWE for 4-10 years have seen kayaker's grow from paddle power to pedal power, then possibly a aluminum skiff or Solo Skiff and then a center console if within their budget.

I am one of those who got a CC and my post were always welcome as it was a source of intel for my fellow friends. I remember when the Blue-fin came within 1 mile of the San Clemente pier and I posted a picture and Iceman was out there the next day trying his luck.

If you don't like a post or feel it doesn't belong go to the next post. Live and let live. Be an example - life is to short...
Extremely well said! Most important word "BUDGET".
Old 06-12-2020, 12:10 PM   #83
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmshort View Post
Close enough lol your in the clear your pre 2016 so According to Fish face your an OG.

via GIPHY

chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #84
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Lmao!
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:31 PM   #85
NICKWORN

Quote:
Close enough lol your in the clear your pre 2016 so According to Fish face your an OG.
I'm just thinking this dude is just jelly, no need for the hate, he was super interested, then at a snap of a flick, he turned agro.

Warm short, if u got a issue with me posting, u can always PM and we can have personal talk, wink wink!!
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #86
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
I'm just thinking this dude is just jelly, no need for the hate, he was super interested, then at a snap of a flick, he turned agro.

Warm short, if u got a issue with me posting, u can always PM and we can have personal talk, wink wink!!
I don’t got an issue but the first thing out of your texty little fingers was saying move on in short it was much ruder and Fish11 didn’t even mind he was playing it down until you thought you needed to intervene so of course I’m gonna talk ish trust me you don’t want no PM so anyways aloha puto.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #87
NICKWORN

As stated... lifes to short bro, like it or not, I'm sharing Intel, whether its fish reports, bug reports, craft reports, I contribute, something u haven't done in 2 years of being here, i can ur threads started and post, nothing but nothing..

Kick rocks dude, ur starting to annoy me!!
Old 06-12-2020, 05:44 PM   #88
Warmshort

Quote:
As stated... lifes to short bro, like it or not, I'm sharing Intel, whether its fish reports, bug reports, craft reports, I contribute, something u haven't done in 2 years of being here, i can ur threads started and post, nothing but nothing..

Kick rocks dude, ur starting to annoy me!!
So why bring it back up I thought you were done ranting especially after I laughed at a guys joke about me you need some sensitivity training lmao
Old 06-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #89
Warmshort

Quote:
So why bring it back up I thought you were done ranting especially after I laughed at a guys joke about me you need some sensitivity training lmao
I’m in LG if you wanna act tough went from a conversation about skiffs to well if you wanna know.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:51 PM   #90
NICKWORN

Pm'd
Old 06-12-2020, 06:10 PM   #91
NICKWORN

Squashed

Moving on nothing to see here..

I did we recieve an official shipping ETA, 06-24 - 06/26!!

So stoked, almost 2 months of waiting, no kayak, hardly any fishing, trapped in doors:in a sense, yes I'm ready!!

Pics to come!!

Old 06-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #92
Warmshort

Quote:
Moving on nothing to see here..

I did we recieve an official shipping ETA, 06-24 - 06/26!!

So stoked, almost 2 months of waiting, no kayak, hardly any fishing, trapped in doors:in a sense, yes I'm ready!!

Pics to come!!

I realized I was hating on a couple of you guys not on purpose I blame the quarantine fever lol I do agree now it’s a cousin of the kayak (Solo) and to Nick my apologies for turning your progress into a stupid conversation. Good luck to who ever trolls the 9. I am curious if anyone won the flag I was talking about or was it a hoax. Get Er done Devil Dawgs
Old 06-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #93
monstahfish

Make sure you test these out in a following swell before you head all the way out to the 9. In my short experience, I've found them very twitchy in following seas and had to slow way down so a trip out at full throttle might be a trip back at 1/3 throttle. I did have a 50 pound fish sitting on the deck in front of me so that may have affected performance as well.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:03 PM   #94
NICKWORN

TY

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
Make sure you test these out in a following swell before you head all the way out to the 9. In my short experience, I've found them very twitchy in following seas and had to slow way down so a trip out at full throttle might be a trip back at 1/3 throttle. I did have a 50 pound fish sitting on the deck in front of me so that may have affected performance as well.
Yes I've heard this as well, i forget from who, but definitely was made aware. I will be happy to cruise at 1/3 throttle if i have a 50lb fish on the bow!!

Old 06-15-2020, 07:45 PM   #95
FISH11

I don't see it as being different than on any vessel. All vessels handle a little sketchy on a following sea, unless they are powerful enough and have the right type of hull to ride at the same speed as the current swell. I been in high wind chop and current that made my Revo 13 ride worse than making it back in at LJ with over 30 gallons of sea water inside the hull on the only day I forgot the hand bilge pump. When I had fishing boats many years ago, I had some instances were if you don't slow down the following sea can almost come over or spin you around. It can feel like a pucker moment no matter what your in when Mother Nature has a little fit. It's like kayaks some can surf in and then there's the more popular brand which require jumping off or coming in backwards. Damn, Look at me an ex-hobie owner for a short time and I'm back to being one of those picking on them.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #96
cabojohn
PROBATION

FKNA- the banter reminds me of the good old days. Good chit and I appreciate it.
Because of injuries IÂ’m totally out of the paddle game, no desire to peddle.
I got a 10hp Honda OB at the river w nothing to put it and seriously considering a solo to dick around on for shits and giggles. This would probably be fun as shit to run down the river to Havasu and cruise the chanel etc.
Can you cruise these things w a passenger or dog? Kick me in the nuts. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 04:25 PM   #97
Deamon

Let’s all come out of the woodwork, lol. Andy used to shut my posts down for a lot less! Nick-man if you’re plastic Solo posts belong, so should my poly Triumph! Miss you sum bitches! Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Last edited by Deamon; 06-16-2020 at 05:52 PM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #98
FISH11

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Let’s all come out of the woodwork, lol. Andy used to shut my posts down for a lot less! Nick-man if you’re plastic Solo posts belong, so should my poly Triumph! Miss the you sum bitches! Jim
Where have you been, Jim. It is a little refreshing to have some of the back and forth as in the past. It helps to try and forget that things are still no were near normal. It's great getting out on the water. Have you been spending a lot of time out fishing from a boat now. Yeah, Andy must be busy with business opening back up. It's no were near, Yak Joe and Jorge, Ha ha ha.
Old 06-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #99
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Where have you been, Jim. It's no were near, Yak Joe and Jorge, Ha ha ha.
Hey Mark, yeah, we had a good little run with so many crazy mofo’s, lol. The cycle of quality fish back then was unreal. Still hoping it’s a cycle and not worse. I’m doing the same thing, just have a few more options to fish other areas. Jim
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:20 PM   #100
FISH11

Good to see you back here. Always loved your post, especially when you had multiple 40-50 lb WSB. I too miss the quality and quantity of trophy fish just a few years ago. Now it just seems so long ago.