Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Fomen

Launching from Solana Beach

Hey Guys, has anyone out there ever launched from Solana Beach? I mean Solana Beach south of the racetrack, but north of TP State beach; where you would have to park on the residential streets and cross the train tracks, and scurry down the steep embankment? I'm interested in targeting a few spots offshore there, but I don't want to have to paddle miles to get there.

Thanks
Fomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
surfisher

1. Good luck getting the kayak down there.
2. When I think of Torrey Pines, I think of waves breaking far out with lots of current (if my surfing memories serve correct)

.... sounds like a pain in the ass but I'm sure it's do-able.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #3
Zed
BANNED

Ive launched at the rivermouth at N TP where you could park along pch. Some boulders to get over and shifty sandbars there but definitely not the biggest pita launch.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Fomen

agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Ive launched at the rivermouth at N TP where you could park along pch. Some boulders to get over and shifty sandbars there but definitely not the biggest pita launch.
Yeah, that's where I was thinking. It's probably the most feasible place to launch around there. I wish the TP State Beach parking lot was open earlier than 7:15am. It would be a great place to park and launch. There's a nice flat little foot path that goes under N Torrey Pines Rd and drops you off right on the sand at the mouth of estuary. Someone needs to tell them they need to open at 6 instead of 7:15!
Fomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Slug
Junior

I used to launch Across from San Elijo lagoon all the time before all of the closures a couple years ago. Some great bass fishing over there. Used to park off the side of the street . You have to paddle south to the cliffs at Tide Beach park now to get out of the conservation area but there are some nice kelp beds over there.
Slug is offline   Reply With Quote