Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2005

Old 12-17-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
DONIGAN
Junior

Send a message via MSN to DONIGAN
Submission from 12/17/05

Well... #10 for the year of 2005, yes only 10 trips this year :x !!! Between ankle surgerys and work, this has not been my year for fishing. Today was fun! All week long i would recieve calls from friends out on the wide open LJ pond DROOLING! Being reminded how great the fishing was.. Anyway, I typically never go out on the weekends but I decided I would make the early morning trip with the big boys going off in the middle of winter. Made 1 piece of bait before sunrise that got crushed the first trip down. I decided to leave him on for the hell of it until about 7:30. Put on a Tady, Dorado color and deadsticked different areas for the next 30 minutes. 8:00, hook up! Suprisingly vertical fight, he spun me in circles for 20 minutes or so before brining him up to color. The fish, and the fishing was really lazy.. slow... I guess deadsticking was fitting the mood. Belly was full of squid, lazy sucker. The turnout by the way was Moyer Tournament'ish... Long fish, came in @ 28lb's

[/img]
DONIGAN is offline   Reply With Quote