Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #21
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
So I've been spending a little time over the past few months trying to research (going through old posts and DFG site) and figure out what I can do to help in this process. Problem is the little information I'm finding seems to imply there is not a whole lot we can do now. Maybe I'm mis guided... Is there something I'm missing? I would really like to actively help in the process, but have no idea where to start or what to do...

If anyone has any useful insight or comments please feel free to share.
You can join the KFACA and United Anglers groups to improve their clout. Then you will be on their mail lists so that when they ask for volunteers or support at public meetings you might be able to help. You could also influence more people to join these groups. You could take a peta-person fishing, they make great bait for rock fish, but tough to get the smell off your hands.

http://www.kfaca.org/

http://www.unitedanglers.com/page.php?2
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #22
PAL

Quote:
I can't help that I'm a smart ass. But I also hoped to get some people to take action. I also sent you that SIO paper in December, guess you were not paying attention.
Oh, I was paying attention. I brought it up again to make a point. Although the proposal maps a plausible outcome that keeps the majority of kayak anglers fishing, any loss at La Jolla will be excruciating.

The proposal is also nothing more than lines on a map at this point. Anyone can advocate for a particular outcome; actually putting forth MPA network proposals is the province of the regional stakeholders group.

The author could end up on the panel, but he is far more likely to get a spot on the Science Advisory Team. If he does, his job will be to evaluate the various network proposals against objective criteria.

Quote:
Problem is the little information I'm finding seems to imply there is not a whole lot we can do now. Maybe I'm mis guided... Is there something I'm missing?
There's very little members of the public can do at this point. Some high-level lobbying taking place behind the scenes (I'm not a party to it) - otherwise we are in a waiting mode until the state starts the SoCal process going.

I encourage everyone who cares about our inshore fisheries to get involved when it does.

PL
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #23
peguinpower
bing!

This link works....

http://www.dfg.gov.ca/press-release/lajolla5-1closure
peguinpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:37 PM   #24
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
You can join the KFACA and United Anglers groups to improve their clout. Then you will be on their mail lists so that when they ask for volunteers or support at public meetings you might be able to help. You could also influence more people to join these groups. You could take a peta-person fishing, they make great bait for rock fish, but tough to get the smell off your hands.

http://www.kfaca.org/

http://www.unitedanglers.com/page.php?2

Thanks. Just signed up for both. UA has a check coming in the mail. I will encourage some friends to join as well. Taking a PETA-KOOK fishing with me is not an option as I'm pretty sure they're all serial killers, and I would like to keep a safe distance.

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #25
sdcityboy

CRAP! i got rick rolled
sdcityboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 PM   #26
Billy V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Thanks. Just signed up for both. UA has a check coming in the mail. I will encourage some friends to join as well. Taking a PETA-KOOK fishing with me is not an option as I'm pretty sure they're all serial killers, and I would like to keep a safe distance.

PETA Kills more Animals than any other animal shelter I have ever seen, or heard about. They are Big Time Killers. (BTK) Bind Torture Kill.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/petaKillsAnimals.cfm
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 AM   #27
ronbo613
Waterman At Large

This may have been an April Fool's joke, but the joke may be on all of us soon enough. The closure of State Parks will most likely affect several beach area parks in San Diego County. Pretty sure that Seaside in Cardiff will be one of the closures and some of San Onofre State Park will most likely be turned into a toll road.
Fishing restrictions will probably be close behind. Most of the offshore areas, coastal waterways, as well as inland rivers, streams and lakes in Central and Northern California as well as the rest of the Pacific Northwest are already strictly regulated.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #28
yani

The kayakfisherman in dana point will
helop in anyway we can. Please keep
us posted.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #29
radastaff

instead of closing our fishing grounds
why dont we stop polluting our oceans?

p
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote