Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
herefishyfishy!

WSB Heads!

Hey guys,

Just a reminder that we need to all remember that when we keep a legal sized WSB, PLEASE make sure to donate them to the HSWRI (Hubbs Sea World Research Institute). This is straight from their website:

In 1986 scientists at Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute began releasing cultured white seabass into coastal waters in southern California. Each fish is tagged internally in the cheek with a small, stainless steel coded wire tag (CWT). The purpose of this tag is to identify hatchery-reared fish from wild individuals. This CWT is not visible externally on the fish and can only be located by a specialized detection device. Some of the information obtained from tagged individuals includes their movement, diet, growth, and most importantly, survival rate. To date, we have received limited information, especially from legal-sized (28") individuals. This is where we need your help – we need white seabass heads!
We would appreciate your help in saving and freezing heads of adult white seabass so that we can scan them for tags, and collect appropriate age and genetic stock information. To facilitate data interpretation, heads should be bagged and labeled with your name, phone number, date and location of capture. Heads can be dropped of at one of the freezer locations throughout southern California. We will be checking and removing the heads from the freezers on a regular basis. If we do find a tagged fish, we will notify you promptly.
Thank you for your support of this program.

I will personally pick up any white seabass heads from you if you catch one. Take it home, filet it out, and give me a call. I will come pick it up at your house. You dont have to go anywhere to donate, Ill come get it from you, it cant be any easier!!!

Evan Wagley
858 245 1830 cell
Im either at school or working but 99% of the time I will pick up, or you can text me where you live (which might be just as easy), and Ill come get it. Thanks alot guys, lets do our part to help the research that provides so much for us!
Thanks
herefishyfishy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
h2ofishfo

good 2 know tanks now i just need the problem of having 2 many heads in the freezer
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote