Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
FISHIONADO

6/23 AM LJ

Launched at 4:45am, no waves, lots of stingrays. Paddled over and saw Dennis and Ryan making bait at the pier. The boat crane was not over the water so the lights were not working for us, those guys made a few baits but I never did. I went north and pounded the sand with my already well used gulp squid, caught a couple of 12 and 14" cabezon by the canyon buoy and beach house. Made one greenback and soaked him near the bottom up to Blacks south peak. Saw a guy board fishing near middle peak but didn't get close enough to say hello. My sabiki picked up an 8" lizard fish and tangled with my soaking mack causing the mack to get away. I untangled the mess and hooked up the lizard and noticed a small knot in the middle of my flouro leader, I tried to untie it but the lizard was nearly dead and I needed to get to work so I put it down on the bottom and trolled to the pier. Caught another cabezon type fish (I'll add a photo tonight for help with ID) on the gulp squid and as I was releasing it the clicker on the lizard rod makes a little noise and stops. I reel everything else in and then check the rod, feels heavy and no give at all, feels like a snag. Just as I'm getting ready to thumb it and pull harder to unsnag, it jerks really hard twice, goes slack, and then yanks one more time and snaps the line. Damn! I reel it in and see it broke at the unwanted knot in the middle of my leader. Lesson freaking learned! Landed at 9:00am, no waves, no crowd, wind just starting to pick up a little. Next time. Dave
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote