Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
linghunter
skunk

Your kindness is rewarded!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
-scallywag-
Banned

Dude!!! u just stole johnnymalibu's glory, he's gonna be pissed!!!! i think u got every angle and even one up'ed him with this one....
"get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #3
southboundhound
Junior

unfn'reel fish, Josh.
And even on the slow days, the seagulls bring you cuban cigars,
and the dogs wrangle bait balls at your feet... as siren singing
mermaids beer you... in Josh's magic playground,
every trip is sweet.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #4
habanero

I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!
Old 07-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
DOGHOUSE26

Nice fish Josh, I can hardly wait to read the tutorial on how to strap one of those babies on your yak!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
T Bone

Josh- Nice fish!!!

Haters(Bellcon and anyone else)- You dont even know the difference between a Pacific Halibut(Alaskan) and California Halibut(Local type).I can understand a little jealousy(I wish I caught it!)but chill out.As for photoshop comments,there was just nothing in the background close enough to get in the shot.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 07-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
dorado50

Both Josh's and Don's stories make for great reads! Keep it up guys.... largest kayak hali ever?. LJ anyways...
Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #8
erinoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Josh- Nice fish!!!

Haters(Bellcon and anyone else)- You dont even know the difference between a Pacific Halibut(Alaskan) and California Halibut(Local type).I can understand a little jealousy(I wish I caught it!)but chill out.As for photoshop comments,there was just nothing in the background close enough to get in the shot.
Don, (Bellcon) ain't no Hater, Josh actually co-authored it just to get a rise, well done.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
habanero

WOW! I go away for a day or two and this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero View Post
I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!
BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #10
habanero

WOW! I go away for a day or two and this happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero View Post
BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
-scallywag-
Banned

skip the popcorn, i'll have a beer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
Dude!!! u just stole johnnymalibu's glory, he's gonna be pissed!!!! i think u got every angle and even one up'ed him with this one....
"get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."
hahahahah.....i guess i was wrong.....i love you johnny, you never dissapoint, your responces are priceless and i respect your $.02. I personally like the way Josh edits out the backgrounds, baits, beers and bongs from his pictures...it keeps me on my toes, plus i respect the fact that this is his lively hood and regularly posting pictures is great form of advertising...you flaming his posts keeps them at the top of the board for weeks on end generating thousands of hits
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #12
DENNYh

what...Did someone say bong?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #13
driftwood

let me explain the definition of small penis syndrome M.J.

Definition: This is a term used to describe men who suffer from excessive anxiety about their male organ. These men catch average sized fish. and they are suffering mentally because They are threatened and become jealous of another mans big fish.

This could be part of obsessive thinking, larger psychosis or even dysmporphic disorder! (this could explain why they will use words like, "mortal a boner"

researchers have recommended that the individuals who suffer from small penis syndrome should attend counseling treatment, this should be the first course of action. Medications and surgery should not come into the resolution given the fact that there is perhaps nothing wrong with the the size fish they cach and go home with. The fact is M.J... at the end of the long fishing day, some just go home with bigger bonies!

I write this not to offend you M.J. but, Once you admit to this obsessive-compulsive behavior the sooner you can be helped.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #14
Matt
Support your local pangas

So much for trying to ask peeps nicely to take a higher road.......

On a brightside I am yak fishing in the a.m. and running the skiff out in the p.m. instead of just internet fishing..........

Maybe some of you should try that sometime????

Last edited by Matt; 07-27-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I refrained from what I really badly want to say!!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM   #15
bender0240

Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #16
MalibuJohnny

Love this guy William Ockham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender0240 View Post
Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.
In addtion too...Mr Ockham...

To quote Isaac Newton: "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. Therefore, to the same natural effects we must, so far as possible, assign the same causes.

Big fish small fish they are all the same. Better than me? well I can admit that. But which is really better. struggling to make a living or struggling to speak the truth.

Think about it

John
Old 07-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #17
kareem korn

Just another case of a good consistant fisherman getting slammed. Seen it many times on this and other web forums. It's a double edge blade. I would'nt be suprised if he didn't post anymore. It's a shame.

By the way, that's an awsome fish.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #18
nabeeko

MalibuJohnny,

Well...
I have alot of time this morning and wanted to post my say...

This has nothing to do with Josh and his "worshippers".
In fact, just maybe, he might be viewed as a "fisherman", a good one at that, and may be not as a "god".

Quote:
heard mentality

Quote:
photos being tampered with
to what extent? changing backgrounds to cover up his "spot" has nothing to do with the actual fish he's caught.

Google Search "slow sync flash" and you'll understand how that picture looks the way it does.

Quote:
truthful and honest.
I really don't see anything dishonest or untruthful about his posts.

Am I a "follower" of Josh? No.
I'm just a person that knows him as a "good fisherman" and feels that he has alot to share with me and the fishing community.

We're just here to have fun and escape from the stress of everyday life, no? Why make enemies? Let's just move on and catch some fish, or at least try to...

Aren't we all brothas from other mothas!
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
NextBite

your the man!
nice hali!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
Gino

That halibut is fat...

Nice fish Darkhorse!
Closed Thread