Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Hondatom

Newport 7/21/2013

Launched at 6:00 with Jon and met "Chris" another BWE fisherman while we were launching. We headed out to the bait barge and got some big deans.
Then we went out of the harbor and about 1/2 way to the kelp. Dropped a bait to the bottom and waited about 20 minutes before I tied into the biggest dorado I have ever seen.......OK thats bullshit. I caught a 3ft shovelnose.
We messed around there for an hour then Jon hooked a 25lb mud marlin that gave a good fight and got his adrenaline pumping.
We then worked our way over to the CDM kelp and killed the skunk for Chris with a small leopard shark.
3 for 3 outside the harbor before heading back into the bay. Chris hooks a little hammer handle cuda by the bait barge and we call it a day.
Not an epic day, but any day above ground is a good one, and if you are on the water it's even better. Fish on Brothers!

Chris it was a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to catching up with you again.
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
caddisx
caddisx

Yep... Not the best day out on the water. I think the swell and wind were working against us. There was bait everywhere which might not have been in our favor as well. That said I had a great time on the water today. Conversation was great. Thanks for the ideas on the yak Jon Both Tom and Jon were class acts. Good conversation always makes a slow day successful!

Last edited by caddisx; 07-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.
caddisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Jfish36

It was a hard day

It was a hard fishing condition today the swell was hairy and the wind came up early at 10 am. Still a fun day on the water. It was nice meeting you Chris.
Jfish36 is offline   Reply With Quote