Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
YakDout
Brandon

LJ 7.13 Saturday

Launched 6 am for the Rb Gar Tournament. Dead flat. Was hoping to pick up some candy. Couldn't even find Macs. Did see quite a few porpoise as well as bait being pushed up by something, probably dogs. Scratched around for a rockfish on a lucanis. Transducer issues still not fixed. Decided to make a new wet mount and can't wait to test it out soon. Came in around 11am. Oh and my new homemade go pro mount works great.
Attached Images

YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
vincentek9
MAYNEE-YAK

thanks for the report. an updated bait report is always the most important thing for me. i had countless transducer glue issues and i'd have to say the wet mount system works great. hopefully it helps you out.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
kaya_one

I was out Saturday as well. Pretty much the same report. I did see a few squid being brought up one-by-one, but no such luck for me and I am not sure what my Elite 4 would mark squid as. Got a few macks here and there but they were tough to come by and this I heard from other yaks as well.

Trolled macks on the 2oz for nada.
I saw the bait fish as well scurrying on the water so threw the surface iron for nada.

Water warm at around 69, smooth texture with not a lot of wind up til about 10:30am where it picked up but not that bad.

Current was interesting where it was pushing me pretty fast southeast which I thought was unusual so a good southbound current about 10-1pm.

Managed one short calico about noon and that is all to write home about.
Good times regardless.
kaya_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
HELLSTER INC.

Very slow day out there saturday, not worth my 130 mile drive. Good meeting you Kaya one, next saturday its back to orange county!
2018 SeaFox 248 Commander

HELLSTER INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
IB Fish"N"

YakDout if the wet mount doesn't work for you try the electrical putty works great and you don't have to mess with the water all the time. I switched and what a difference. If you need some just let me know i have plenty.
IB Fish"N" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
YakDout
Brandon

I mounted mine through the driver side rear scupper hole. Now sits underneath the kayak.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote