Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 05-17-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
samson
Junior

Hello all and mini report Redondo 5/8/19

Hello everyone, im really excited to be part of this form as i recently picked up a stealth 14 kayak. I live in long beach and plan to fish nearby, maybe even do some SD fishing if anyone is down to meet up. I still have a lot to do on the yak but i took it out for a test run to redondo. Picked up some smelt/anchovies and trolled them. I was in the harbor the whole time due to wild winds! Got these 2 bass in about 15 min. Lots of bites on the live smelt. Fun short day of fishing.

Looking to get out on the water more!

- Sam
Attached Images

samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #2
fourtogo

LBC Fishing and other

Hi I am from Long Beach I fish out a kayak also . I fish a lot week days at dusk in to the night .
fourtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
Amish Ed

Thanks for the report. Did you try any artificials?
Old 05-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
Rocketfish

Welcome samson! I am local to Long Beach as well! hope to see you on the water sometime.
Rocketfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 PM   #5
Big John
Junior

I fish LB quite a bit so anytime, I am always looking to go out with other people. My normal fishing buddies (kids) I are away at college now most of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #6
mikeatumble

I'll be heading down to fish Redondo tomorrow morning. Plan on hitting the water around 6:00. I'm always looking for people to go out with as well. IM me if you want to join.
mikeatumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:47 PM   #7
Saba Slayer

beautiful day

Mike...you should have a great time tomorrow...
It was a beautiful calm morning today in Redondo...the wind picked up around 11am and it got a little sloppy on the outside in the afternoon...tomorrow is forecast to be SE winds in the am switching to SW and increasing in the afternoon...so it should be a nice morning.
Got a limit of Red Rockfish once I found the clouds of red crabs...all the fish came up spitting out crabs. The pink AHI Squirt and squid strips worked great with lots of doubles.
I switched to Halibut when the wind picked up and caught 4 shorts on the HookUp Baits but just couldn't connect with that legal...

Chris Mautino came down to the launch for a clinic on the new Hobie Pro Angler...He'll be guiding at Whalers Cove Resort in Alaska this summer and they just bought a bunch of new 12' PA's for the resort...they also picked up a dozen Hobie i12s inflatables for the float plane excursions....
It sounds like they are going "all out" "top shelf" for the kayak trips....and Chris should be a great guide.

Good Luck tomorrow...
I'd post some photos but the BWE photo hosting site is down. and you know what Red Rockfish look like anyway... LOL

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:16 PM   #8
aftahour

welcome to the group. alot of great people here. im from torrance and fish san pedro alot. is the bait barge open again?
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote