Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
IRONMAN, Asuncion/Abreojos 27 July-9 August

To my way of thinking the IRONMAN 2015 was set up for Baja anglers. FULL MOON 31 July.
We would leave Very Early Monday 27 July. Drive all the way to Abreojos, 12-13 long hours. We can stay at San Roque house, or in town at Casita Sunset or maybe with Ross. Plan on driving to Abreojos and fish the Coyote Lagoon a day or mabe two. Drive time from Asuncion to Abreojos is about 3 hours one way. The halibut show up on the beaches in early June, WSB and YT are all there from June through December. This could be YOUR shot at the IRONMAN 2015.
Plan on getting home on the 9th of August. Please let's hear your thoughts positive AND negative.

This IS NOT Asuncion 2015 as that trip will be set up for Thanksgiving or Christmas time.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 02-02-2015 at 08:03 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
YakDout
Brandon

Bob, this is going to be a killer trip. For those who love Baja and haven't seen abreojos, you need to jump on this one. These dates will more than likely overlap my trip down there. Hope to meet up for some fishing down there!
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

You know I'll have my welcome mat out.

FYI

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=77529
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
octico

A little far out for me but I am in. I would like to be able to drive down with someone on this trip. I don't trust my current car to go down there, so if someone has an extra spot in their truck let me know and I will help pay for gas.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:28 PM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
A little far out for me but I am in. I would like to be able to drive down with someone on this trip. I don't trust my current car to go down there, so if someone has an extra spot in their truck let me know and I will help pay for gas.
I will have room for you, your gear and yak in or on my truck. Will talk with you soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
Bob, this is going to be a killer trip. For those who love Baja and haven't seen abreojos, you need to jump on this one. These dates will more than likely overlap my trip down there. Hope to meet up for some fishing down there!
Brandon almost all trips to Baja are killer trips. If you are there we will see and fish with you!!!
Ross thank you for the welcome mat. Maybe you can join us for Abreojos? Let me know what you need before we come down, also what Shari and Juan need.

Guys this will be an IRON trip. Mega baits, crockodiles, 6x jrs, kastmasters, diamond jigs, butterfly and knife jigs ,sporks, just bring your favorite metal offerings. AND remember your cameras as you will need a photo of EACH YT, WSB or Butt with the metal in it's mouth.

Each of us can plan on buying and cooking two dinners for those going. We will talk about lunches and breakfasts. I will have cooking gear, we all bring a plate, bowl, cup and silverware. Milage round trip should be 1300-1400 miles. Split two ways it should work out to less than $200 each for fuel, A place to stay if we do not stay with Ross should be $100 each. If you watch your food and drinking the two week trip should cost us less than $500 each.
EXCEPTION IS your tackle.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
svendawg

Want to go

Put me down as tentative. I can firm up if I can go as we get closer to July
svendawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #8
Baja_Traveler

As usual you know I'd be all over this - but I'm still stuck at this LA job with occasional crazy schedules (that usually ruin my chances of trips - I swear they do it on purpose...).
Some time this year though - probably at the last minute - I'll be showing up for one of these with the kayak and smoker in the truck, ready to head south of the line.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:40 PM   #9
Mike scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by svendawg View Post
Put me down as tentative. I can firm up if I can go as we get closer to July
Same boat as, Sven. Sounds like another bucket list fishing destination.
Mike scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Just another item to add to "my bucket list"! (One day!)
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:25 AM   #11
makobob
Baitless on Baja

OC TICO, Makobob ARE going, Sven and Mike maybe. Guys trip this should be on your bucket list. You have months to get it on YOUR schedule however it should be repeated for Thanksgiving or New years 2016.

Kai, get a couple weeks off scheduled and we will do Mag Bay, Asuncion, Abreojos, or Gonzaga on the FLY.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
octico

I am a maybe ....

Sorry Bob, I didn't realize you were going to be gone for two weeks. I can take one week off work, but two weeks in a row is rough.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
Sorry Bob, I didn't realize you were going to be gone for two weeks. I can take one week off work, but two weeks in a row is rough.
That is a bummer, it is very hard trip to do this trip in a week. It is a two day drive both ways and this is the first time I have tried to drive it in a day. If we are able to do the drive in a day it gives an extra day to fish in paradise. If we cannot safely do it we still get 10 days of fishing, including the full moon.

If you do not plan on two days driving time coming back you might be late for work. Try to get two weeks off and let me know if you will be riding with me soonest. This will be an awesome trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 02-10-2015, 01:00 PM   #14
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
That is a bummer, it is very hard trip to do this trip in a week. It is a two day drive both ways and this is the first time I have tried to drive it in a day. If we are able to do the drive in a day it gives an extra day to fish in paradise. If we cannot safely do it we still get 10 days of fishing, including the full moon.

If you do not plan on two days driving time coming back you might be late for work. Try to get two weeks off and let me know if you will be riding with me soonest. This will be an awesome trip.
Will do Bob.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

This will be our first of two Asuncion trips for this year. We will contact Ross and see what supplies he is in need of and bring them down to him. I could leave on Saturday the 25th of July if you guys wanted a couple extra days. This is summer so we should be able to drive it safely in day light in a day. Leave boarder at 5 am and get into Rossman's place before dark. We have lot's of options with the full moon. We could fish Asuncion and Abreojos or run to Mag Bay. Having never fished Mag Bay I would probabally want to do that trip in 2016 with 4WD and 16 days or more. So who wants to visit Ross?

ALL ABOARD, before Ross catches all the big tails.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN