Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #41
THE DARKHORSE

Thanks guys!

Who in the world writes a post, with a giant slam in the first few days of the month and doesn't even write a reply? Sorry guys, I've been working around the clock with sleep being a rare commodity. I did log on today and all private messages have been replied to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightnsd View Post
I don't think Josh's fish is really that big, he is just getting smaller!

Unfortunately, no, I'm still six foot something and 230 lbs. What I would do to be 5', 120 lbs when wet. My fish would look freakin' huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK View Post
3rd photo is the definition of a $hit eating grin !!!!!!! God damn well done, well i'll expect my royalty check in the mail.........
Damn!!!!! Dont really know what to say...

And Josh Im holding my cards till June 30th at 11:53 pm

I'll blame the $hit eating grin on genetics. Besides, I really don't see the point in false advertising.
On the rare occasion that I do smile---it's genuine.

I'm looking forward to seeing your slam at the witching hour, though. Along with Deepdvr, Whizbang, Bellcon, Regor and Sharonkayak, of course. I'm rooting for each and every one of you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz Bang View Post
Andy, do NOT kid yourself.....Pruitt loves his fish partially decomposed. Look at those sunken eyes on the WSB. He waits DAYS before cutting into a fish....DAYS! It may be some kind of yet undiagnosed fetish......the twisted bastard. God knows when any of those fish were caught. I dont trust anything he tells me at this point, but even he hasn't mentioned a one day slam. Again, he is a sick, twisted, dirty little monkey, who loves rotten fish. We shouldn't patronize him, he gets that in spades from prospective clients.
The Wizzard's Sleave hit the nail on the head. I do ice all my fish for a minimum of twenty-four hours, but typically ice them for forty-eight hours. Being an only child I would have said if these fish were caught in a single day. I thought of going for the White Sea Bass on Friday; after catching my Yellowtail and Halibut. The surf was solid on this day, though, so I wasn't looking forward to coming back in the dark with my jig-sticks.

I did have the slam completing WSB on the line within twenty four hours, though. Does that put me into the hall of fame? No? Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Well done Josh
AGAIN!!!

Nice of you to keep raising the bar,
then crushing it!

inspiring?
yes very...

Whatever it takes to get you fired up, Don---so be it! It was nice seeing you yesterday. The slam is yours for the taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescavore1 View Post
Amazing stuff, Josh. I don't know how you do it, able to maintain that drive every minute you're on the water, day after day. The result shows.
I was born to do what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckypig View Post
ever think of getting a commerical licence??? "do what you love and the money will follow..."
Sure, I've thought about it. I could easily make twice the money I'm making now---off White Sea Bass alone! One out of every ten clients tries to buy the license for me and has 'grandeous ideas of going into business together. The truth is, commercial fishing is the polar opposite of what I do, though.

The adventure and thrill of the hunt is what it's all about for me. The look on a clients face with a fifty pound fish in their lap is nothing short of, well, priceless. It's certainly worth more than $19 a pound if you asked me. It's a magnificent moment that they'll remember forever. Perhaps, a catalyst for them and their family to enjoy this great sport and all it has to offer.

A commercial fisherman flops a fifty pound biscuit on deck and yawns . After a year in that business, I doubt the heart rate even goes up! In a perfect world their wouldn't be commercial fishing for these local prized fish. There would be ridiculous, massive schools, of giant, White Sea Bass all along the Coast. I understand the stock is healthy with the commercial fishery so I'm not knocking what they do. Making a living from the ocean isn't an easy business. It requires tons of work with very little pay in most situations. I'd just love to see what our fishery would be like---if gill-nets and commercial fishing didn't exist.

Then again, I guess I wouldn't be employed if catching White Sea Bass, Yellowtail and Halibut was too easy either.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
it just aint right!
whilst the rest of the world is working...
Josh is "working"!
it just aint right I tell ya!
nicely done sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Well done Josh
AGAIN!!!

Nice of you to keep raising the bar,
then crushing it!

inspiring?
yes very...
x2
Boy am I glad I'm not competing in WCW this year. I'm only 5'6"...if he keeps raising the bar, I'll need an extension ladder just to reach it (the bar)!!!!!!!!!!
btw: DH have you ever thought about changing your handle to "Frontrunner"?
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #43
habanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakrider View Post
it just aint right!
whilst the rest of the world is working...
Josh is "working"!
it just aint right I tell ya!
nicely done sir!

Working for a living?
I've had to hang up my yak and replace it with a mouse & keyboard. Knowing Josh and keeping up with his catch is nothing short of torture! I have purposefully been ignoring anything to do with fishing LJ since my professional skills require as many 16 hour days, 6 days a week as Josh. Well that gig is up and just now logged onto BWE after six months doing time at a desk. The first thing I see is confirmation of the dark horse stories while in my green cave. Hopefully, all you fisherman will be with your families this weekend, standing in line to see the fruit of my labor "Green Lantern" in 3-D.
looking forward to time over the canyons again.
See you all soon.
habanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #44
xpresso2am

Beautiful fish josh! Picked up my hobby this week. I'll be calling you next week to set up!
xpresso2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #45
THE DARKHORSE

June gloom?

Just so you know---all the White Sea Bass and Yellowtail I've caught this month were released. Which is just another cool thing about joining West Coast Whoppers. Once you have your whopper for the month you can release the rest to fight another day!

So, if you're looking to catch your first trophy fish from a kayak---at least a few fish are still out there for the taking! If I had to guess---these fish that were released, will be all the wiser after coming so close to death, though.

Far less likely to slam a blue and white colored Candybar streaking across the surface anytime soon.

For you carbon-daters, you got me, all the Yellowtail and White Sea Bass that aren't in this ice-chest were released.

The Halibut on the other hand...
Old 06-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #46
Regor
Greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
The Halibut on the other hand...
HEY ... what are you doing with my halibut
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #47
bellcon

Very nice!!