Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Heroes On The Water - So Cal Chapter

Old 07-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Ghost shrimp

Heroe's on the Water will be holding a Veterans event on Saturday the 23 of August. We will again be fishing Tidelands and are asking our community for a little support. Last time some of you helped to pump shrimp for the event. More fish were caught by the veterans because of the shrimp you helped pump. Any volunteers please post here. Expect to meet a couple days before the event and we can pump togther or you can drop them off. If you wish to help us with this event by assisting some of our Heroe's on the Water please let us know.

BTW if you know a Veteran in need, please contact Makobob. I would like to get them out for this event. Thank you all for your support of HOW.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #2
dewinwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Heroe's on the Water will be holding a Veterans event on Saturday the 23 of August. We will again be fishing Tidelands and are asking our community for a little support. Last time some of you helped to pump shrimp for the event. More fish were caught by the veterans because of the shrimp you helped pump. Any volunteers please post here. Expect to meet a couple days before the event and we can pump togther or you can drop them off. If you wish to help us with this event by assisting some of our Heroe's on the Water please let us know.

BTW if you know a Veteran in need, please contact Makobob. I would like to get them out for this event. Thank you all for your support of HOW.
OK so I can't make the event as I am heading out of town the night before and neither have a pump or have used one BUT if your willing to show me how I'm willing to come out and help. Just let me know when and where and I'll do what I can. I'm available most anytime during the week. Might have my 9 y/o in tow but he'll have a blast helping too.
dewinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #3
Big T
Member, You Member!

I'm a disabled vet but with all of my limbs intact and "most" of my mind... But I have the luxury to fish any time I want and wouldn't mind giving a hand for this event? What is needed? My yak? Or just labor? Do you all fish with them or just send them out on the water with an M.R.E.? LOL
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
I'm a disabled vet but with all of my limbs intact and "most" of my mind... But I have the luxury to fish any time I want and wouldn't mind giving a hand for this event? What is needed? My yak? Or just labor? Do you all fish with them or just send them out on the water with an M.R.E.? LOL
We usually send a helper out wtih 3-4 yaks and show, help them out on the water. Around noon we all come in and have a nice lunch.
Dewinwa, yes we can show you how to use a ghost shrimp pump, and your son should have a fun afternoon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #5
dewinwa

Cool I guess I'll need to go pick up one of those pumps. Just let me know what day and time you want to do this and I'll try and keep an eye on this thread. Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
Siebler

I have extra pump and i believe the chapter will attempt to purchase a few asap as well.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #7
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I have extra pump and i believe the chapter will attempt to purchase a few asap as well.
CJ I'll buy two for the chapter. Let me know where how you would like the funds.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
dewinwa

Any word on a day time and place for pumping shrimp? Just trying to plan some things for the week and want to make sure this has priority. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:19 PM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewinwa View Post
Any word on a day time and place for pumping shrimp? Just trying to plan some things for the week and want to make sure this has priority. Thanks.
All interested in helping get ghost shrimp for NEXT Saturdays Heroe's on the Water event, we will be starting from OEX Mission Bay on this Thursday at noon. I would bring a ghost shrimp pump, small bucket, hat, water shoes, sun screen, sunglasses and something to drink. So far it is Makobob, Dewinwa and boys, and maybe Wade. If interested, please let me know or just show up around noon. Thanks guys.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Just talked to CJ, he said we should have 2-3 extra pumps, so if you do not have a pump, come on out and learn how to get ghost shrimp. We will be at OEX at noon on this Thursday. Hope to see you there.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
Siebler

We grabbed a few pumps today so there will be a couple extras owned by HOW here for you guys on Thursday

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 PM   #12
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Ok guys tomorrow is ghost shrimp pump day at noon at OEX Mission Bay, hope to see you around noon. Thank you

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Dewinwa, and son, nice job guy's BWE is now going to have some shrimp for the Heroe's on the Water event on Saturday. The Heroe's thank you as do I. It was nice to meet you both. Enjoy your trip.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 08-21-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #14
dewinwa

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help out. My son hasn't stopped talking about how much fun he had catching shrimp with mister Bob. Hopefully we will be able to attend and help out at a future event.