Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Flyak13

Redondo success and failures

So I'm somewhat a novice to kayak fishing . I have and ascend... But already looking to upgrade to a malibu stealth with my tax returns . So anyways I have been hitting redondo probably 5 times in the last month and just when I think I'm getting it dialed in I catch the ol white stripe . So far my best results have been using frozen candy drifting the walls for sand bass. I have caught a couple really nice specimens . I'm trying to figure out how to catch a darn Hali though! I was out this past Sunday and spent 4 hours drifting Carolina rigged live macs and dropper looped frozen candy defying from the jetty to the peir at various depths for nada ! Then went back to hitting the walls for The same result . If anyone wants to head out with me pm me . I'm usually available Tuesday Thursdays and weekends. And stay in woodland hills so anywhere between Santa Barbara and long beach... Maybe extending down to Diego if there's a killer bite in lo jolla I'm down to go and learn ! Thanks very much , my account has just been activTed so for now on my reports won't be so vague and bunched together ! I've also hit the wreck out there twice for so far one barely legal Sandy. Was hoping to be able to get some rockfish in the deep canyon and struck out there as we'll. I'm definitely not giving up ! But sure would love to get out there with an experienced veteran and take some notes !
Attached Images

Flyak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

That's it dude, keep at it. That halibut will come with time spent. Welcome to BWE
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
NEEFFF

Nice set of twins you got there! Last time i was out there soaking my hoops.. and fishing in between it was WFO on 10-14 inch calicos by the wall!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

...try el segundo
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #5
FISH11

It looks like a good time to be looking for a Quality Kayak. There are a number of BWE members selling because of upgrade or moving. You should be able to pick one up, provably all rigged for a real good price. Good Luck.

Last edited by FISH11; 03-27-2014 at 04:36 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Try north of the breakwater. Some one mentioned El Segundo, but try 100' or less about 100 yds outside the surf break . The 1/2 days I used to work on used to drift this area if we were headed home from "Short Banks" or El Segundo and we had some time to kill before getting back to the pier. Or during the sand bass bite.
Also check the grunion run schedule!
FFY.
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Flyak13

Thanks for the info and tips guys. It's very much apreciated. Hoping to get out by the end of the week. Just bought a new X factor and have been waiting for a ram mount for my ff and parts to wire the live well in the mail to come soon I hope.... Then it's game on.
Flyak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM   #8
Squid Vicious
plastic navey squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
Try north of the breakwater. Some one mentioned El Segundo, but try 100' or less about 100 yds outside the surf break . The 1/2 days I used to work on used to drift this area if we were headed home from "Short Banks" or El Segundo and we had some time to kill before getting back to the pier. Or during the sand bass bite.
Also check the grunion run schedule!
FFY.
Malibu Mini X F & D "anchovie "
Squid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #9
FISH11

Smile

Congrats on your new (great) Kayak!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #10
captnblood34

Keep at it!

Oh, your hat is a fail though! Easy fix.
captnblood34 is offline   Reply With Quote