Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
dorado50

Goodbye La Jolla Fishing..

Seaforth boat rentals will be offering waverunner tours out of Mission Bay soon. The tour route will be around La Jolla kelp (the outside) and into the reserve area. So you will be having idiot pwc freaks running 20kts or more thru the fishing grounds! All I see is happy daze for LJ's future. I got info from La Jolla Light News (march 17).
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Sounds like an expensive rental so I bet the number of takers will be limited. Have you ever ridden a waverunner for 20 miles in the open sea. It can be really painful. My guess is that by the time they get to LJ, they will be so beat up that going slow will be a welcome change.

I also believe that if this becomes a problem, a polite call to the folks at Seaforth will bring most of their customers in line. If that does not work there is always the option of tossing some iron their way. All but the dumbest would probably get the message fairly quickly.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Sounds like an expensive rental so I bet the number of takers will be limited. Have you ever ridden a waverunner for 20 miles in the open sea. It can be really painful. My guess is that by the time they get to LJ, they will be so beat up that going slow will be a welcome change.

I also believe that if this becomes a problem, a polite call to the folks at Seaforth will bring most of their customers in line. If that does not work there is always the option of tossing some iron their way. All but the dumbest would probably get the message fairly quickly.

Bob
I have to agree with Bob on this one. I have made that trip many times in a boat, I can't imagine too many people, who are beginners on waverunners, going all that way.

I have been wrong before though.

GO SDSU Aztecs!

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #4
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
Seaforth boat rentals will be offering waverunner tours out of Mission Bay soon.

Will they be there at 5:00am or 7:00pm? I think not
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote